Alternative to phone armbands (Read 338 times)

katieharris

I know we're always looking for new ways you hold our phone/ music players so I figured I'd let you all know I've finally found one I like.  I've had a lot of trouble finding good armbands (and they all give me bad tan lines), so I tried WorkaWear shorts that hold your phone, I really like them so far!  They're not too bad of a price either.  You can find them on workawear.com.  Enjoy!

CeeDotA

I use a belt-type fanny pack-like thing from Runners World. Not crazy about it, but it works and isn't too obtrusive.

Current PRs:

5K: 27:06 (11/10/12) | 5M: 44:03 (6/1/13) | 10K: 1:00:48 (7/4/12)

15K: 1:27:53 (3/17/13) | 10M: 1:30:25 (4/13/13) | HM: 1:59:55 (4/28/13)

Next race: Ashland 4th of July 10K

dirtroadrunner

I have a belt like thing called a flip belt by level up. Love it!!

TJoseph

I think it is likely that katieharris is a spammer, but I agree, a runner's fanny pack is the way to go if you have to carry a phone.  Other than the fact that those are women's shorts, there is no way I would run in a pair of shorts with a phone clipped to the front of my leg like that.  I don't think it was designed with runners in mind.

katieharris

I am not a spammer haha just a fellow runner.  But yes they are running shorts.  Their suspension system holds their shorts tight on your leg for running.  I've used the fanny packs as well but you cant actually use your phone while it's in the pack to change songs or anything.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

An old nylon stocking also works -- just cut at the appropriate diameter for your arm (that would be the ankle for most runners).  Give enough length to stretch over the phone at least twice.

Works for some.  No tan-line except the phone.  Cheap to try.

You can also take an old sock and do the same -- but obviously you get a tan line.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

L Train

You can also take an old sock and do the same -- but obviously you get a tan line.

Clearly, this should be my choice.  My sock recycling is well documented and admired by many.

jfa

I think it's pretty likely that L Train is a spammer. Probably makes a living selling old socks.

I think it's pretty likely that stadjak is a spammer. Or he just enjoys wearing nylon stockings.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

L Train

For at least his first three months of posting I thought stadjak was a woman.

Was it the penmanship?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I think it's pretty likely that stadjak is a spammer. Or he just enjoys wearing nylon stockings.

For at least his first three months of posting I thought stadjak was a woman.

Any correlation between these two insights is completely in your own mind.

Besides, they keep me warm in the winter time.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Tiefsa

Doesn't sweat like damage the phone?  I sweat too much.

I just go with an Ipod nano in case it breaks since they're not so expensive.

dg2g1

You guys should check out The Shield, L.L.C.. It's an alternative the the armband. Get it at shieldflow.com

Outside Lane

You guys should check out The Shield, L.L.C.. It's an alternative the the armband. Get it at shieldflow.com

The Shield looks like the Bro Smile

See how they run...