CMM Race Report (Read 763 times)

JakeKnight

The abridged version: Last year's Country Music Marathon: 4:55 Prior Maration PR: 4:11 This year's CMM: 3:47 The lesson: consistent, smart, disciplined training - lots and lots of slow easy miles - works, and works well. Believe it. --------------------- Oh - and they had nuns. Lots of nuns. Jumping, cheering, high-fiving nuns, complete with the full habit. If there is something funnier, I haven't seen it yet in this lifetime. More on the nuns later.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

You'll ruin your knees!

Well, denied from a PR? Jakey will hear NUN of it! Congrats, dude! Rest well...looking forward to the (n)un-abridged version Tongue Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Holy crap--that is some progress! Good work, man! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

The abridged version: Last year's Country Music Marathon: 4:55 Prior Maration PR: 4:11 This year's CMM: 3:47 The lesson: consistent, smart, disciplined training - lots and lots of slow easy miles - works, and works well. Believe it.
          Wow JK! Great improvement! It's good to see your hard work paying off. Congrats! (and thanks for the tips)
            Geesh! You didn't shave any of your time off, you just went right in there with an axe!! Congratulations!!!
            Wingz

Professional Noob

Well done! That's a heck of an improvement! Looks like all your hard work's really paid off. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

AMAZING!! Nice final mile Smile
                  Excellent race. Nice Job!!
                    Wow, great time and niiiiice improvement! Smile
                    2009: BQ?
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

WTG!!! Big grin that's a fine improvement, wowzers! Shocked

Jennifer mm#1231

Member Since 2008

Good job JK!
                          Game plan + perserverence + plain,damn hard work = kickin' PR. You're an inspiration, man.

Prophet!

nice job JK. Like Lynn I'm also waiting for the unabridged version...I'm hoping i will be able to replicate your PR assault come December. What's next ? running another one like Trent ? BTW, what are some of the country songs they were playing during the marathon ?

My dogs are fast, not me

Awesome job, JK!

Robin