Baltimore (Read 490 times)

ymmv

Good luck from #2581 to anyone else running Baltimore tomorrow morning!
    TJoseph

Good luck with your race!

Best Present Ever

I ran the half this am. It was a bit warm, but low humiidity, a small breeze and beautiful blue skies. I'd originally hoped to see how close I could get to 1:50, but after a pretty significant knee injury in July, I missed about 8 weeks of training. I revised my plan to try for iabout 2:10 and ended up with a Garmin time of 2:01:11 so I was pretty happy. I didn't push at all and feel good now. I think this is a fun race, and you can't beat the Underarmour shirts!
          Ran the half. Started out knowing I was going to slow down and just run what I was feeling. Good thing because it felt hotter than normal. The hills just go on and on in this one. Not bad, but a few things. 1.Please start the half earlier-hate this part. 2.They promote a great party after, but I couldn't wait to get out of there. I finished in 2 hours and the crowds were hard to get through. I couldn't even find the Atlanta bread-really wanted a roll. 3.Nice for the 5k people, but they are in a differant mindset at the end, so maybe this should be done another day-sorry. PS Happy I took the lightrail, that worked well for me.
          pitrunner

I ran the half yesterday as well. I was anticipating coming in around 2:15 and somehow managed 2:08. Guess I was probably bumping and shoving around right near you guys afterwards. I also took the lightrail. I did NOT feel like dealing with all the road closures, etc. I agree about the after party. It was a great set-up, but the last thing I wanted to do after I finished was be jammed in with 17,000 sweaty people! I got the heck out of there pretty fast. MTA: Did you guys get a chance to see the winner of the marathon, Julius Keter, come through 13 before the half started?? His time ended up being 2:11:56 - INSANE! MTA2: Jinitom - How did you do??
            ymmv

I ran the full. Apparently, the half starts after the full and joins up at mile 13, the idea being that they sort of finish together. For me, the first half of the full was very good, especially the run up to druid hill and around fort mchenry. I felt really strong for that. I agree with everyone who said the half was tough. It sure was the tougher part of my full! My time was 4:31:45. I wanted 4:15, but lost the pace group at mile 18. My log has mile splits. I drove to the race and parked very close, but then I arrived at around 6:30AM.
              pitrunner

I ran the full. Apparently, the half starts after the full and joins up at mile 13, the idea being that they sort of finish together. For me, the first half of the full was very good, especially the run up to druid hill and around fort mchenry. I felt really strong for that. I agree with everyone who said the half was tough. It sure was the tougher part of my full! My time was 4:31:45. I wanted 4:15, but lost the pace group at mile 18. My log has mile splits. I drove to the race and parked very close, but then I arrived at around 6:30AM.
                Great job! I really liked the half course, but you're right...where the heck did all those hills come from? I drive down some of those streets everyday of my life and I swear I never noticed some of those hills! It's a good thing my neighborhood is super hilly or I think I would've been in really bad shape. Have any of you guys run Frederick? I'm thinking that if I buckle down, train consistently, and do some speedwork over the winter I may have a shot at breaking 2:00 for the half. Is it a nice course? Hilly?
                  Have any of you guys run Frederick? I'm thinking that if I buckle down, train consistently, and do some speedwork over the winter I may have a shot at breaking 2:00 for the half. Is it a nice course? Hilly? You may want to look into doing the B&A half marathon in March that the Annapolis striders put on. It is small, good premiums and pretty flat.
                  pitrunner

You may want to look into doing the B&A half marathon in March that the Annapolis striders put on. It is small, good premiums and pretty flat.
                    Ohh! It looks like it's a trail race too! I'll definitely keep this in mind. Thank you. I think I also might do their 15k on Dec. 14th. Haven't decided for sure yet.