Shoe wallet - Running is key (Read 146 times)

Benjamin Gahr

Hey guys,

could you please take a few minutes and help us out with our university project? We are trying to develop a comfortable storage device for keys while running.

This link will lead you to our short survey: http://www.survio.com/survey/d/N9D4S1G5O2D9T7J1S

If you have any other comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to post them here.

Thank you very much in advance!

I tried the link, but my computer kept buffering. I use a spybelt when I run, prolly not what you want to hear. Good luck with your project.

MrH

Yeah ... SPIbelt for me.

And most runners lack the flexibility to be comfortable retrieving something from their shoe.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Daydreamer1

I really don't see a need for this as there are many other ways to carry a key with me. Other people, however,  may like the idea.

What I do see a need for is some kind of holster for carrying a small concealed weapon whether a handgun, bear spray, knife, tiger claws, expandable batons etc. The problem with most belts and packs is that any heavier items like that tend to bounce around or the material is too thin and heavier objects wear through them.

Trying to adapt products from the concealed carry market  doesn't always work very well because the designers don't understand or care about wearing the product while being real active.

Damn man, where are you running? West side of Chicago?

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Did the survey. BTW: what I'd find more helpful is a secure way to carry an ID or hotel key card. I can always tie a physical key to my shoe, but a card, not so much. And seems silly to wear a spi belt for that one thing. (I'm a minimalist when it comes to carrying stuff with me on a run.)

Hey guys,

could you please take a few minutes and help us out with our university project? We are trying to develop a comfortable storage device for keys while running.

This link will lead you to our short survey: http://www.survio.com/survey/d/N9D4S1G5O2D9T7J1S

If you have any other comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to post them here.

Thank you very much in advance!

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Also, many of the giant, microchip smart keys on cars these days will injure your foot over many miles.  I broke a bone in my foot w/ my huge Honda key slightly bouncing in a shoe key pocket over 15 miles.

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
                5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

We are trying to develop a comfortable storage device for keys while running.

I think the pocket has already been invented.

Dave

mikeymike

I think the pocket has already been invented.

This reminds me of that time the post office came out with stamps you didn't have to lick and they had a whole marketing campaign congratulating themselves. Yay, post office--way to invent the sticker.

Runners run

running metalhead

I have pockets in my shorts for that, the classic pocket in your butt or on the inside. I even have tights with pockets for my mobile phone with a little hole for the headphones (not that I use any of these).
                      I also have wristbands with key pockets and jackets with pockets andt camelbacks with all sorts of pockets....

the only time I think somebody would want to have a pocket in the shoe is when streaking or participating in one of these : 
                      https://nuderaces.com/

LOL.

As long as you aint Barefoot Ted, of course Smile

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
                      - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
                      - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
                      - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
                      - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
                      - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

Add me to the SpiBelt tally and I do take it with me when I travel just for the hotel key, but it admittedly seems like overkill to have it just for that.

#artbydmcbride

I really don't see a need for this as there are many other ways to carry a key with me. Other people, however,  may like the idea.

What I do see a need for is some kind of holster for carrying a small concealed weapon whether a handgun, bear spray, knife, tiger claws, expandable batons etc. The problem with most belts and packs is that any heavier items like that tend to bounce around or the material is too thin and heavier objects wear through them.

Trying to adapt products from the concealed carry market  doesn't always work very well because the designers don't understand or care about wearing the product while being real active.

Many sports bras are very sturdy    

Runners run

What are you saying?

Ohhhhhhhh...

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Actually, I *have* tried that for ID cards, but I've ended up clutching my chest compulsively so often ("Is it still there?" :-D) that I've given up. Plus, there's the issue of extracting the card in front of other people. Not that anybody would see anything... it's more that people don't expect women to fish things out of their bra any more.

But, maybe I just know the wrong people.

Daydreamer1

Damn man, where are you running? West side of Chicago?

Nope. Just in the middle of nowhere. Damn near got eaten by dogs a few times. I won't be like the runners in California a few years back nor the older guy up in Michigan who was killed by a pack.  Got lucky once when I had nothing but my bike to fend off a wild one. Last year this time one of the hood rats and welfarite that moved into the area had some bad ones.  The weapon was the the difference between getting ripped into by two that time.

Oh yea, don't bother to give me dog handling tips. I've been walking, biking, running since '93 and have made friends with a lot of country dogs that other people would avoid. I take the friendly approach first and only resort to stronger measures when absolutely necessary.