Chin Up Bars (Read 2381 times)

Marylander

I've been meaning to order a set of those.  Damn they are pricey

Yeah, I've had a pair of jumpstretch minis for a few years now and recently bought about 20 generic minis that were seconds from a guy on ebay (ad said 10 but the guy must have just grabbed a handful as I ended up with more like 20). Some of them I don't trust but I've been very pleased with the purchase overall. The vendor on ebay is stretchwellinc (note that I am not that vendor... Smile ). I haven't had any problems with mine but, of course, ymmv...

Hoodoo Guru

I looked at getting a bar for a while and ended up buy this free standing unit instead.  If you have the room I think it is the best value for the price cause you get a lot more then just a chin up bar.

I have a similar unit (heh, heh) to this.  Mine came from Academy Sports and is very well built for its price (approx $99) plus allows you to do dips and ab work.  But does take up a little space.

The tangents are moot.

A Saucy Wench

I've got a good setup for 1 leg assist....trying to decide if the band will give me THAT much more benefit.  Except of course the ability to cheat which I have now....occasionally find myself doing a 1 legged squatpress instead.  Which isnt a bad workout

But I probably will get them because I have been in to upgrading my home gym lately

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Cool Jump Suit

I have this one.  I like it too.  Very convenient.

I really like my Iron Gym Workout Bar.  Fits in and out of the doorway easily, has multiple grip positions of varying width, and you can flip it over on the floor to use for bench dips and pushups.

So bittersweet,
          This tragedy
          Won't ask for absolution;
          This melody,
          Inside of me,
          Still searches for solution.
          A twist of faith,
          A change of heart
          Cures my infatuation.
          A broken heart, 
          Provides the spark
          For my determination.

I have a similar unit (heh, heh) to this.  Mine came from Academy Sports and is very well built for its price (approx $99) plus allows you to do dips and ab work.  But does take up a little space.

So has approximately 3.5' x 3.5' foot print?  A little over 6' tall?  (I'm checking my math, which I am terrible at.)  The foot print is what might be a problem.  I'll have to look at my room and see how much I can reorganize.  Hmmmm . . . .

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Heh, Ironwoody.

I buy basically every ironwoody product that comes out and whenever the box shows up to my office, someone gets the wrong idea and thinks it's some kind of male enhancement product or something.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

I've been meaning to order a set of those.  Damn they are pricey

You can also get the Lifeline pull-up revolution, which came out fairly recently (last 2 years or so).  Here it is on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lifeline-4-PUR-USA-Pullup-Revolution/dp/B003KNC1MO .  You can get bands in different resistances such that you can have all the help you would ever want.  I'm not sure if amazon has the single bands, but you can certainly order them directly from http://lifelineusa.com

Downside is that it's single purpose, whereas there are about 1395959234691246165 other things that you can do with the ironwoody bands.

CyclingAHEAD until 2012

protoplasm72

So has approximately 3.5' x 3.5' foot print?  A little over 6' tall?  (I'm checking my math, which I am terrible at.)  The foot print is what might be a problem.  I'll have to look at my room and see how much I can reorganize.  Hmmmm . . . .

The widest part of the base is 3.5' wide but the majority is only 26" wide if that helps.  The bar itself is 42" though.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson