2023 Running Game ***Registration is Closed. (Read 221 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My son finally signed-up, this AM. Which has me wondering if there have ever been 2 or more generations participating in the running game competition, before...?

Oooh, that could make head to head competitions interesting if you end up on different teams. 

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oooh, that could make head to head competitions interesting if you end up on different teams. 

We have similar mileage goals, so I'd be very surprised if we ended up on the same team...it should be fun smack-talking for a year! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

It looks like I am going to start the year off with an injury. I dropped my mileage by 400 miles from  2022. Hoping to be able to adjust the mileage in June. In the past two months, I  had 100 miles total.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It looks like I am going to start the year off with an injury. I dropped my mileage by 400 miles from  2022. Hoping to be able to adjust the mileage in June. In the past two months, I  had 100 miles total.

It happens. I'm dealing with some hip nonsense. I think I'll be taking the last couple of weeks of this year mostly off to see if I can't get that to settle-down. I hate yoga, but I might try to get 3-4 good sessions in while I rehab this, in lieu of runs.

I'm also starting with a somewhat more conservative goal, then planning to bump it up, mid-year, if things go well.

~ Sarah Kay

Half Crazy K 2.0

It happens. I'm dealing with some hip nonsense. I think I'll be taking the last couple of weeks of this year mostly off to see if I can't get that to settle-down. I hate yoga, but I might try to get 3-4 good sessions in while I rehab this, in lieu of runs.

I'm also starting with a somewhat more conservative goal, then planning to bump it up, mid-year, if things go well.

Not sure what your hip issue is, but be careful with the yoga and  stretching.  A few weeks ago, I did a mobility workout since those ate supposed to be "good" for you. Lots of hip opening stuff. My hip has not been right since. Running actually didn't bother it. Laying on my side or back was the worst. I've decided less hip flexibility is perfectly fine.

Rubybaby43

enabler

Quote from zoom-zoom on 12/10/2022 at 10:55 AM:

Not sure what your hip issue is, but be careful with the yoga and  stretching.  A few weeks ago, I did a mobility workout since those ate supposed to be "good" for you. Lots of hip opening stuff. My hip has not been right since. Running actually didn't bother it. Laying on my side or back was the worst. I've decided less hip flexibility is perfectly fine.

I second this ^... Some muscles are meant to be "tight" in order to keep things in place.  The hip is tied to the groin and the lower back (among other things), and both the groin and the lower back muscles should not be (over)stretched if there is an injury.  I've learned both of those things the hard way.  And then was told, after the fact, by a physical therapist. 

Good luck!!

KLO

more miles = more beer

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's mostly the too-much-sitting lateral muscles (I blame my binge-watching hobby, ha!). I have chronic tight iliopsoas issues (confirmed during a tri-bike fit). Lately it's even been achey at night. Pigeon pose feels SO good.

~ Sarah Kay

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

It's mostly the too-much-sitting lateral muscles (I blame my binge-watching hobby, ha!). I have chronic tight iliopsoas issues (confirmed during a tri-bike fit). Lately it's even been achey at night. Pigeon pose feels SO good.

Yep, I love pigeon too. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

IR doesn't carry over when the year resets the game. If you need IR, let us know that first week. We've done different things with IR to start the year. No one starts on IR, but sometimes if we get a partial week to start that isn't competition, we can use it for IR. We won't know how that goes until the game has started and we see the sched. Does that make sense?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

TOMORROW is the last day to sign up for a 2023 Team. DO NOT MISS THE TEAM DEADLINE!

We can not add you in later. Do not delay signing up. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Rubybaby43

enabler

I'm still working on "enabling" others.  

TOMORROW is the last day to sign up for a 2023 Team. DO NOT MISS THE TEAM DEADLINE!

We can not add you in later. Do not delay signing up. Smile

KLO

more miles = more beer

StepbyStep-SH

Hey Step, I think your DS is ready!

I can't get him to run much any more - he might throw in a mile on a lark while out for a walk. And since he has several hours of cart running on his work schedule this week, I think he'd look at me like I have 2 heads. LOL. It would have been easier to talk him into it at 6 than 16.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I can't get him to run much any more - he might throw in a mile on a lark while out for a walk. And since he has several hours of cart running on his work schedule this week, I think he'd look at me like I have 2 heads. LOL. It would have been easier to talk him into it at 6 than 16.

The individual game is great for anyone who doesn't want to have to worry about not hitting their goal mileage for the week and letting a team down. Individuals in the game still show up on the results so you can see how you compare to other runners.

But yes, team registration will close after tomorrow.

General Notice to All Participants: When the teams are formed, I will post an announcement in this thread and the 2023 Game forum will be opened to the public. Please do not start messaging me on Tuesday morning to ask what team you are on or what the password is for the 2023 forum. When the information is ready, I will let you all know!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

THIS IS THE LAST DAY TO SIGN-UP FOR A TEAM FOR NEXT YEAR.

(individual sign-ups open until the end of the month.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Team registration is closed. I will let you know when teams are formed and the 2023 forum is open.

Thank you for your patience.

Individual registration is open until Dec 31 for anyone who still wants to join. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292.