I did it I did it I did it I did it!! (Read 540 times)

Did I mention I did it? Big grin Big grin White Rock 1/2 today! It was freezing, it was drizzling....but it was FANTASTIC!!! I kept my pace steady...finished under my goal (goal was 2:30, finished at 2:27). I will write a full report later once I can focus on more than the fact that I ran a half marathon!!!!!
    Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!
      Congratulations!! Looking forward to the report!! Smile
        Great job on your first! Big grin (Sounds like running a HM gave you a pretty good high. Wink) It was a pack house, huh? It took me about 30 mins just to get to the starting area!

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay!!! Does this mean you're pumped to do a full, now! Big grin Nothing like a great race to make you feel invincible and capable of damned near anything. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

c o n g r a t u l a t i o n s ! excited to read your race report! gratz also on beating your goal by three minutes!
            2009: BQ?
              Congratulations.
              "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                Awesome! I don't think you're excited enough though; the subject line should ACTUALLY be as follows; I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it I did it!! (Notice how I added about 5 more "i did its" in there? NOW I know you're excited, as well you should be!)
                "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Congratulations ... you must have worked hard in those conditions. Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

Outstanding! Way to go!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Congrats, Courtney! You forgot to mention the biting wind. You did fantastic!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Awesome!!!! Congratulations. It's such a wonderful feeling, enjoy every bit of it. Smile

Michelle

Brilliant. Factoring in the wind, rain, and cold that sounds like a tough run. Congratulations.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

mbk

Nice job! I had a good first half and then struggled in the second half. Great work on an interesting day!
                              Great job Courtney!!
                                Way to go! What's next?