Any Brooks fans out there??? (Read 1111 times)

Hey all, I finally decided and needed to buy new shoes after almost 500 miles on my Brooks Adrenaline 7's. Heard indifferent things on the Brooks Adrenaline 8's and Axioms. Tried on all 3 and I went with the Brooks Infiniti. Anyone that was wearing other Brooks that have moved into the Infiniti and have feedback I'd like to hear. I tried on the Asics Gel Nimbus 10s which felt good on, but a bit too cushiony for me. Also tried on the Saucony Pro Grid Triumph 5's and did not like the toe box in those. So, I have not run in the Infiniti's yet, but the feel seems very similiar to the Adrenaline's so I went that route. Can't wait to try them out! Any feedback good or bad I'd lke to hear. Thanks! b

Menace to Sobriety

Keep us posted on the Infiniti. I loved the Adrenaline 7s, but not crazy about the 8s. Now the 8's are going away and the 9s are due out this fall. I liked the Axioms when they first came out, but the outsole was very hard and noisy. I understand they changed this in the Axiom 2 and 3, but haven't tried them, yet.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

I am a big fan of the Brooks Adrenaline and I am going through my 4th pair at the moment. I haven't noticed any difference between the 7 and the 8 in terms of wear. Aside from some minor cosmetic changes, the overall feel of the shoe has been very good to me. I have just past the 200 mile mark and they are holding up well.

Ryan

Menace to Sobriety

Wear seems to be about the same between the 7s and 8s, but I usually only run 300-350 per pair. Around 300 or so, I get some subtle aches in the back, knees and ankles, so I know its time for a new pair. There's plenty of sole left on them, but the padding wears down. I found the 8s to be somewhat stiffer and clunkier than the 7s. The fit wasn't quite the same either. I've been through a couple pair now with no particular problems, but I did go back and snap up 4 pair of the 7s after I got my first pair of 8s. Maybe the 9s will be more like the 7s.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

A Saucy Wench

I havent noticed any difference between the 7's and the 8's yet, but I dont have a lot of mileage on my 8's. I have a pair of infiniti's and I like them for 10K's. They may or may not give me enough support at higher mileages. I had some knee problems after H2C but at the same time there was some sharp banks on my legs. I had planned on the Infiniti as my marathon shoe, but now I am unsure. They seem a little less stiff than the Adrenalins which I like. Easier on my achilles.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Great feedback so far. Thanks! I am running in a HM in two weeks, so that along with the shin and knee discomfort I'm feeling on the high mileage Adrenaline's, led me to getting new shoes. I'm hoping that the Infiniti's will hold up in the longer distances. b
              Ringmaster

Hey, I'm glad to hear the Infinitis might be a possibility. I didn't like the 8s when I tried them on; I was hoping the 9s would feel more like the 7s. I only get about 350 miles out of my shoes, so I'm glad to have an option in case I don't like the 9s--or even just to rotate. Thanks!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                Mile by Mile

Ostrich runner

Running trails in Adrenalines right now, love them there but I limit my time on the road in them.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Ran in the Axiom 1 and Axiom 2 for quite a while, but then my gait changed to more of a true neutral. I didn't like Brook's neutral offerings at the time, so I switched to other brands. Then Brooks came out with the Defyance (an unposted version of the Adrenaline) and it has become my absolute go-to shoe. I just ordered my fifth pair.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

I am a huge Brook's homer. I think I'm on my 5th pair or so of Adrenalines. People complain about the 8s but I guess I'm not that picky. I guess that's a good thing Smile I've run in 6s, 7s, and now have 2 pair of 8s. I tried on the Infiniti's last time around at the running store. For some reason, I wasn't totally sold on them. It could be that the Adrenalines have treated me so right. I'm very curious to hear how they work out for you. For some reason, I don't think my Brook's last as long as other shoes I've run in. Maybe I just get paranoid and retire well before 500 miles. Anybody else notice this?

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

A Saucy Wench

I am a huge Brook's homer. I think I'm on my 5th pair or so of Adrenalines. People complain about the 8s but I guess I'm not that picky. I guess that's a good thing Smile I've run in 6s, 7s, and now have 2 pair of 8s. I tried on the Infiniti's last time around at the running store. For some reason, I wasn't totally sold on them. It could be that the Adrenalines have treated me so right. I'm very curious to hear how they work out for you. For some reason, I don't think my Brook's last as long as other shoes I've run in. Maybe I just get paranoid and retire well before 500 miles. Anybody else notice this?
                        I think my brooks die early too. By about 250 I am done with them for long runs. It isn't the support, its the padding. My feet hurt when I wear them too long. I think they are a better short distance shoe, but I got burned by my Asics last year and haven't found another brand I like. I am trying out a pair of Pearl Izumi's I got free and they are cushy, but feel heavy and tall. I might like them for a training run, but not for racing and I never worry about having a "light race shoe" They felt gooood the day AFTER a long run though. They may be my "recovery shoe"

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ringmaster

See, and I thought the Adrenalines were better than my Nikes, out of which I got closer to 250 miles. I have yet to find a shoe I can get even close to 500 miles out of. But maybe that's just me.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                          Mile by Mile

A Saucy Wench

See, and I thought the Adrenalines were better than my Nikes, out of which I got closer to 250 miles. I have yet to find a shoe I can get even close to 500 miles out of. But maybe that's just me.
                            No, by about 300 mine are done. The best I ever did was my Asics and I can get 350 out of them, but long runs are done by 300.

I was almost going to post about this and then saw this thread. I just bought my 2nd pair of Adrenaline 8s because they worked fine for me and easy to purchase a known entity. Then I immediately noticed my original pair is about finished tread-wise, and I had not even cracked 200 miles with them. Anyone else notice that? Almost smooth. I don't shuffle. My previous NB 857's tread lasted for ever by comparison - outlasted the cushioning anyway. I am a bit disappointed with the Brooks for that reason. They aren't inexpensive or anything.
                              xor

Meanwhile, I get 500 out of every pair of Adrenalines (v6 through v8) and Trances (don't know the years, but three different years' versions) I've had. I switched to Brooks specifically because I can barely get 300 out of Mizuno Alchemys and Nirvanas. I love my Alchemys, but that's too many pairs in one year.