Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Hey Runners!

Just wanted to start a thread for any/all Mizuno questions.

I work in the running division, and would be happy to help you all out..

cheers!

---------

Feeling the growl again

No questions, but keep up the practice of not extensively "updating" models every 6-12 months.  Nothing irritated me more than finally finding a shoe that fit well, only to find it had already been discontinued and I had to start all over again.

Mizuno has made a lot of money off of me since I discovered this around 2002...every pair of Precisions fits  more or less like the prior ones.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

djtaylor

Are you familiar with the old New Balance 902/903/904 lightweight stability trainer?  They botched the 905 and then discontinued the line (although I think the 1190 is the replacement).  Do you have a lightweight stability (9oz or so) shoe comparable to the 903, which was the best running shoe I've ever owned?

djtaylor - You might consider trying the Elixr. 

Steve

Hey Runners!

Just wanted to start a thread for any/all Mizuno questions.

I work in the running division, and would be happy to help you all out..

cheers!

Give my best regards to Mr. Ron Wayne from Nobby.  A super nice guy... 

Feeling the growl again

Are you familiar with the old New Balance 902/903/904 lightweight stability trainer?  They botched the 905 and then discontinued the line (although I think the 1190 is the replacement).  Do you have a lightweight stability (9oz or so) shoe comparable to the 903, which was the best running shoe I've ever owned?

Case in point.  Former NB guy here too.

Have you tried the Creation or Rider?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

djtaylor

djtaylor - You might consider trying the Elixr. 

Interesting - I have not tried this yet.  According to Zappos, the Elixr 7 weighs in at 9oz with some stability posting.  Thanks.  I will check it out.  Hopefully it has a wide toe box too like the NBs.

Case in point.  Former NB guy here too.

Have you tried the Creation or Rider?

I haven't tried either of these, but they look a little heavy (15oz and 11oz, respectively).  I'm a sucker for seeing 9.xx in the specs and it becomes psychological for me if I know they're much heavier.  I've thought somewhat seriously about bringing a spring scale with me when I go searching for a new model!  I agree fully with your first post in this thread.  It is so annoying when a well-reviewed and beloved shoe is completely made over.  Why can't they just put a new color on it and call it a day?

The Elixir is a light shoe, with correspondingly less support. The Inspire has more support and weighs more. I'm trying the Nexus now, which seems to be in the middle. It's not easy finding a light stability shoe, but we find our way. I used to wear the Nirvana, but I'm not big enough anymore.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

When I see "support" I guess I don't think 9oz shoes.  Perhaps such a beast is made, since Mizuno just keeps on making my Precisions (lighter than either of the two I suggested, but not a support shoe) I can carry on without keeping up on what is out there.

i don't know, I've seen a lot of changes in the Rider year after year.  The latest incarnation of it is a little to narrow for me.

I used to love that shoe...now, not so much.  The Creation, yeah, I like it, but the price is a little tough to swallow.

Wave Rider 8.  Now that was a shoe.

Jeff

Feeling the growl again

i don't know, I've seen a lot of changes in the Rider year after year.  The latest incarnation of it is a little to narrow for me.

I used to love that shoe...now, not so much.  The Creation, yeah, I like it, but the price is a little tough to swallow.

I've been in the Precisions for many years now so I just know that the others used to not change either.  I have not been able to feel a fit or ride change in the precisions even as the external appearance was changed. 

I recall when the NB 763 was an immensely popular shoe...then they "updated" to the 764, which pretty much nobody liked.  Very quickly the 765 went back toward the 763 but the business was lost.

running yogi

I agree. I think I started with the 8 too. It was a perfect shoe.

I got the 14 a few days ago online. It fit weird. Definitely narrower. I have not run in them yet. The way it fit, is not making me want to.

I'm Betty if you're Al

Stop changing the wave inspires...Please and thank you!

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

Stop changing the wave inspires...Please and thank you!

Wait, change them back to before the 7s.  Then, stop. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

#artbydmcbride

I thought training in heavy shoes (make your legs strong) was the bomb, then race in lighter shoes (fly)

Runners run