Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Wave Rider 8.  Now that was a shoe.

+1  I had a great experience with that shoe (around 700 miles worth I think)

I've tried on a couple of the successor versions, but just haven't gotten the right fit for whatever reason. 

2014 - Get 5k back under 20:00.  Stay healthy!

Feeling the growl again

I thought training in heavy shoes (make your legs strong) was the bomb, then race in lighter shoes (fly)

I've heard that said but when I lightened up on trainers I found it to be more urban legend than anything.  Running hills may make your legs strong...adding a few oz to the shoes not so much.  In fact wearing flats for workouts seemed to be even better (ie helped me get faster).  If I want to tire the legs more I'll just go a bit faster. Smile

A similar argument would be training at a higher weight and dropping down only as racing season approaches.  Problem is, more weight prevents one from training like they would race.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I'm Betty if you're Al

Wait, change them back to before the 7s.  Then, stop. 

Yes, that is true,however, this may be a mute point for me after my lunch time 6 mile run.  I just ran it in my brand new pair of Wave Precisions (the ones with the cute flowers on them).  I may be in love.  Also at times felt like a gazelle.   Why was I not informed earlier that lighter trainers are awesome?  That is all.

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

#artbydmcbride

I've heard that said but when I lightened up on trainers I found it to be more urban legend than anything.  Running hills may make your legs strong...adding a few oz to the shoes not so much.  In fact wearing flats for workouts seemed to be even better (ie helped me get faster).  If I want to tire the legs more I'll just go a bit faster. Smile

A similar argument would be training at a higher weight and dropping down only as racing season approaches.  Problem is, more weight prevents one from training like they would race.

So you don't recommend ankle weights...........

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

mute moot

Couldn't help it.

Feeling the growl again

So you don't recommend ankle weights...........

No, but Rocky seemed to do pretty well carrying railroad ties.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Yes, that is true,however, this may be a mute point for me after my lunch time 6 mile run.  I just ran it in my brand new pair of Wave Precisions (the ones with the cute flowers on them).  I may be in love.  Also at times felt like a gazelle.   Why was I not informed earlier that lighter trainers are awesome?  That is all.

Cool. I am glad you like them and hope you find that these lighter, less-posted trainers work for you.  It may be that you need to ease into less shoe, before you switch to running solely in neutral trainers. Maybe not at all. I'd just be aware of the possibility. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I'm Betty if you're Al

Cool. I am glad you like them and hope you find that these lighter, less-posted trainers work for you.  It may be that you need to ease into less shoe, before you switch to running solely in neutral trainers. Maybe not at all. I'd just be aware of the possibility. 

Thank you for the advice kind sir.  I will keep that in mind whilst gazelling.

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

Treadmill Addict

I love my Mizunos and will never run in anything else. (I've tried many, nothing compares to Mizunos for me.) That is all.

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

coastwalker

Is there any appreciable difference between the '11 and '12 Musha? I've been wearing them for racewalking (good low heel, heel height-toe height ratio, flexibility).

Thanks,

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Hello.  The Inspire 8 is awesome.

I ran first two marathons in Wave Rider 13s. Now, after running a lot in Kinvaras they feel too heavy. Also running a lot now in Adidas Bostons, basically rotating the Bostons and Kinvaras. Too much running in the Kinvaras caused a little posterior tib tendinitis. Bostons were an adjustment. Only shoe that felt like it needed a break-in period. Or I just needed to get used to the very different feel. But now I love them. Light, some cushioning but a nice firm ride. 

For my May marathon I want something lighter than the Bostons but more structured than the Kinvara. And not soft/squishy like the Kinvara. I think it will come down to either the Adidas Adios or Mizuno Wave Precisions. 

Troy.

Hello.  The Inspire 8 is awesome.

That's good to hear. I bought a stack of 7s on clearance--partly because they were fairly cheap, but also because the idea of a new model always makes me a little nervous.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

The reviews I read on the 7's were that it was a significant departure from the 6's.  Supposedly, the 8's have come back to be more like the 6's again.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Hey, how many miles are you people getting out of the Elixir?