Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

I want to do the same thing re. the Elixirs. Where did you send the email to?

Seriously, they must have had an intern on LSD when the color schemes were picked.

Hahaha, we shot a video a few months ago about the design of Elixir 8..... I'll email a few people and see if Mizuno is ever going to release it, but once you hear the designer describe why Elixir 8 looks this way.... you'll understand..

but of course... doesnt mean you'll like it Wink

---------

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

The Precision 12's are loud in your opinion? I find the colorway a bit conservative and more traditional. I love the 13 though. The aqua colorway is such a great looking shoe imo. Guess I am in the minority on that one. Regardless of what the shoe looks like as long as you're comfortable running in whatever your shoe is that is most important thing imo.

I'm bummed the Precisions going away, but just means something better coming our way. Excited about the Sayonara.

So I just looked around the web and snapped up a few  Wave Precision 12s on closeout.  White/red, a little loud but not bad.

Then I saw the 13s.  Seriously, when I can't get the 12s anymore I may have to switch brands based on just the color alone.  I really don't care how I look when I run but the latest color schemes are just over the top.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Feeling the growl again

The Precision 12's are loud in your opinion? 

Any shoe with bright red on it is going to be a "little loud" compared to a neutral color scheme.  But they (12s) don't bother me at all.  It's the multiple loud colors on the same shoe with nothing balancing that is over the top.  Sure, people are always going to have your eyes drawn to the shoe...but that's not necessarily a good thing.  Just like being the guy with the lampshade on your head at the party so everybody sees you is not always a good thing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just like being the guy with the lampshade on your head at the party so everybody sees you is not always a good thing.

Wait, wait... I think we need to know more about this incident.... Wink

---------

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

feel free to shoot me an email   seth@mizunousa.com  I can forward anything to the actual people that need to see it...

Done.

xor

Well FWIW, Mizuno is not the only game in town when it comes to ass ugly colors.  That's all the rage right now.  Even trail shoes.  Damn.

Feeling the growl again

Wait, wait... I think we need to know more about this incident.... Wink

Hah.  Nah, I was the sleepy drunk in the corner.  Smile  Just an example of how getting attention is not always a good thing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Well FWIW, Mizuno is not the only game in town when it comes to ass ugly colors.  That's all the rage right now.  Even trail shoes.  Damn.

I wear a size 13 Wave Inspire. My feet arrive on the scene well before the rest of me gets there, and the last thing I need is some clown-shoe color scheme. As long as Mizuno offers some non-clown color options I'll keep loving these shoes to death.

how about these Europe colors?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mizuno-wave-precision-13-shoes-1/

---------

Melton

Mizuno has actually done me a favor with these clownish colorways, when I'm scanning runningwarehouse, I'm able to eliminate their line altogether...Clown

Feeling the growl again

how about these Europe colors?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mizuno-wave-precision-13-shoes-1/

That's less offensive than the US version due to the lack of neon-ish colors, but what ever was wrong with something like this?  A little color but you can wear it in casual occasions without looking bad:

One thing about the Wave Inspire -- I stepped in dog shit last week, and there must have been about a pound of the stuff caught up in that hollowed-out area inside the heel. That was fun.

Julia1971

Just like being the guy with the lampshade on your head at the party so everybody sees you is not always a good thing.

Been there, too.  Just not in fug shoes.  Smile

Hamish911

I wear a size 13 Wave Inspire. My feet arrive on the scene well before the rest of me gets there, and the last thing I need is some clown-shoe color scheme. As long as Mizuno offers some non-clown color options I'll keep loving these shoes to death.

Well the wave inspire 9 has several colour options - none of which I think are "clown-shoe colour scheme"

or

Mileage Hound...

The simple truth is... shoes that look like that are boring, and don't sell.  They might have back a few years ago... but walk into any LRS and check out the wall.... the fun looking shoes are selling best, the shoes that literally look fast, are what people are being currently.

That being said... Mizuno will continue to release the core lineup of shoes in a more neutral colorway for the runners that dont wanna stand out as much as some do Smile

That's less offensive than the US version due to the lack of neon-ish colors, but what ever was wrong with something like this?  A little color but you can wear it in casual occasions without looking bad:

---------