Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

How many miles are people getting out of the Inspire?

The Nexus?

Getting any feedback, Seth?

My training partner runs exclusively in the Inspire... and he pushes his to about 550-600 until he starts bugging me to get him a fresh pair.

The (now discontinued) Nexus has been known to get a solid 300-500 from what I have heard, not a lot of people run in that shoe... since it's not sold in run speciality and only in box stores.

---------

My training partner runs exclusively in the Inspire... and he pushes his to about 550-600 until he starts bugging me to get him a fresh pair.

The (now discontinued) Nexus has been known to get a solid 300-500 from what I have heard, not a lot of people run in that shoe... since it's not sold in run speciality and only in box stores.

Thanks.

Glad to know I have been running in a Dick's Sporting Goods reject.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Haha, it's for sure not a "reject" just what the industry deems an "entry-level" shoe (whatever that means).

I think if you throw down some miles in the Inspire... you'll for sure feel the difference.

---------

Haha, it's for sure not a "reject" just what the industry deems an "entry-level" shoe (whatever that means).

I think if you throw down some miles in the Inspire... you'll for sure feel the difference.

Inspire had been my go-to shoe. Just feel like a guy my weight shouldn't be running in 10.8(?) oz shoes. Just at a frustrating juncture.

Inspire had been my go-to shoe. Just feel like a guy my weight shouldn't be running in 10.8(?) oz shoes. Just at a frustrating juncture.

Honest question.... If a shoe provides the stability you need... why do you think it would hurt you to run in a lighter shoe?  Because I gotta tell ya, I saw Inspire 10 this weekend... and you're going to be amazed!

---------

Honest question.... If a shoe provides the stability you need... why do you think it would hurt you to run in a lighter shoe?  Because I gotta tell ya, I saw Inspire 10 this weekend... and you're going to be amazed!

You know, I asked Mikeymike and a local training partner (fast masters runner who runs in Brooks Adrenaline) about this question. When it comes to trainers, it seems, there's not really that much hurt in running in a slightly heavier shoe.

MTA: I have to tell you, that 8s were great. The 7s?  What was up with that?

I never understood the point of a "trainer."  I always run in the same shoes (rotating 2 or three pair), whether I'm racing or training.  Last Saturday I ran a marathon in my Mizuno Wave Universe 3 shoes which now (after the marathon) have 1246 miles on them.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I never understood the point of a "trainer."  I always run in the same shoes (rotating 2 or three pair), whether I'm racing or training.  Last Saturday I ran a marathon in my Mizuno Wave Universe 3 shoes which now (after the marathon) have 1246 miles on them.

Shocked

Um wow...  The most I have gotten out of any shoes is just over 600 and I could feel them even on a short run.

@sethh

So...  Inspire 10's...  any hints? (just ordered my second pair of Inspire 9 wides... )

You know, I asked Mikeymike and a local training partner (fast masters runner who runs in Brooks Adrenaline) about this question. When it comes to trainers, it seems, there's not really that much hurt in running in a slightly heavier shoe.

MTA: I have to tell you, that 8s were great. The 7s?  What was up with that?

Yea.. we fully acknowledge we dropped the ball on Inspire 7... we tweaked the shoe to a a very UN-Mizuno feel, but we fixed it ASAP and learned a very good lesson!

---------

Yea.. we fully acknowledge we dropped the ball on Inspire 7... we tweaked the shoe to a a very UN-Mizuno feel, but we fixed it ASAP and learned a very good lesson!

Yeah. 8s are great.

Feeling the growl again

I never understood the point of a "trainer." 

Because most people can't do all of their running in racing flats, and racing flats are mandatory (for many of us) for races.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

@sethh

So...  Inspire 10's...  any hints? (just ordered my second pair of Inspire 9 wides... )

Oh man, the Inspire X looks so sweet... I can't get into full details yet (it's still 6 months out), but expect the lightest, smoothest version yet...

---------

Splashalot

Oh man, the Inspire X looks so sweet... I can't get into full details yet (it's still 6 months out), but expect the lightest, smoothest version yet...

Any specific design changes to the forefoot which may please me?  (I think you know what I mean :-)  And Mum's the word, BTW)

Any specific design changes to the forefoot which may please me?  (I think you know what I mean :-)  And Mum's the word, BTW)

Ummm.... Lets just say, you're going to be very, very pleasantly surprised with the forefoot, midsole AND outsole!

---------

that's so funny - I just was thinking I should come back to this thread and report on my inspire 8s, after having bitched about the 7s...yeah, I put in 450km on those and just couldn't take it any more, so I bought some 8s as Seth said they were different and better. I have now run about 50 miles in the 8s. What a difference! Love them! My footstrike finally feels natural again. Yay.