Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

I tried the Sayonara today, and I really liked it, but I liked the Brooks PureFlow better.

-STS

Cool, thanks for trying it out!

Flow does have a slightly wider toebox which some runners need, and definitely has a more cushioned ride... both great shoes.

Sayonara is about 1/2 ounce lighter, but that does sacrifice some of the plushness you get for the Pure Flows...

Again, thanks for taking 'em for a test run!

-Seth

---------

drrbradford

ROFL.  See above for the definition of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

(Isn't it a good job that the only Mizuno kit I've ever actually bought is a pair of shorts about four years ago?)

Feeling the growl again

(Isn't it a good job that the only Mizuno kit I've ever actually bought is a pair of shorts about four years ago?)

I bought a pair of Mizuno shorts about four years ago.  I rarely wear them because the fit is terrible, it feels like the liner was sown in backwards and the legs were cut for people with tiny chicken legs.

My wife just bought me three new pairs of Mizuno shorts as a present.  They are just as terrible...last Mizuno clothes I buy.  I can wear any other brand and they are fine, these must be cut for someone with absolutely no butt or muscle.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

JPF

I bought a pair of Mizuno shorts about four years ago.  I rarely wear them because the fit is terrible, it feels like the liner was sown in backwards and the legs were cut for people with tiny chicken legs.

My wife just bought me three new pairs of Mizuno shorts as a present.  They are just as terrible...last Mizuno clothes I buy.  I can wear any other brand and they are fine, these must be cut for someone with absolutely no butt or muscle.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about Mizuno shorts!  As you say, the liner especially has a very funny fit.

these must be cut for someone with absolutely no butt or muscle.

No wonder my skinny arse digs 'em so much   Wink

---------

Just turned 1330 miles on my huggy Mizuno Wave Universe 3 shoes this morning.  This is my favorite shoe of all time.  I should have gotten several pair of them.  Both my Universe 4s are developing a hole in the right shoe just a bit over the small toe.  Don't have this same problem with the 3s.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about Mizuno shorts!  As you say, the liner especially has a very funny fit.

Weird.  I have three pairs of the Maverick split shorts (2012 version, I think) and they fit me just fine.  And I have at least some muscles.

The Aero model, however, is oddly cut: HUUUUGGGE in the waist relative to the rest of the short.  Both the older design (with the noisy space-age fabric) and the new 2013 version (with the yellow liner).

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

seattlechica

I just bought the Wave Rider 16s (I think these must be at least my tenth pair of Wave Riders so far) and they are lovely.  Like running on a cloud.  I am actually probably going to buy another pair just to have on hand when these new ones wear out eventually!

Feeling the growl again

No wonder my skinny arse digs 'em so much   Wink

Well, I didn't figure you were actually interested in real feedback on your company's products anyways if the review was anything but glowing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Well, I didn't figure you were actually interested in real feedback on your company's products anyways if the review was anything but glowing.

I was actually agreeing with you...

---------

Julia1971

Has there been a "run" on Mizuno Wave Riders because of Wendy Davis?  I went to my LRS and couldn't get a pair in the size and color I wanted (the turquoise and pink).  If so, perhaps it's an opportunity to change the colors.  Smile

Edited to add: the Amazon Comments are funny.  And, I didn't realize there were even more color options than appear on the website.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Has there been a "run" on Mizuno Wave Riders because of Wendy Davis?  I went to my LRS and couldn't get a pair in the size and color I wanted (the turquoise and pink).  If so, perhaps it's an opportunity to change the colors.  Smile

Edited to add: the Amazon Comments are funny.  And, I didn't realize there were even more color options than appear on the website.

This is awesome, loved reading, thanks for sharing!

TRUST THE PROCESS

Mysecondnewname

What a weird week around the Mizuno offices, I can tell ya that!

---------

Splashalot

Weird.  I have three pairs of the Maverick split shorts (2012 version, I think) and they fit me just fine.  And I have at least some muscles.

Yeah, same here.  Both Maverick and Rider shorts fit me well and are really comfy.  And I have no shortage of muscle mass - definitely too much for optimal running performance.  I guess the Mizuno shorts don't suit a fat, flabby bum, though.