Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Again, totally agree some of our stuff has fit rather poor of the years

But, on the positive side... we do have a new apparel manager and the stuff she has been working on looks good (finally).  The 2013 line has been fitting MUCH better, but the 2014 line samples look great.

---------

finnsmom

Seth-

I saw the preview of the Wave Rider 17 on Running Warehouse's blog - which women's color will come in wide?

Also, since I need a wide shoe, could the Wave Sayonara even work for me, or wouldn't it be wide enough? I currently wear the Wave Rider 15s in a wide width, and they fit perfectly.

Thanks!

Seth-

I saw the preview of the Wave Rider 17 on Running Warehouse's blog - which women's color will come in wide?

Also, since I need a wide shoe, could the Wave Sayonara even work for me, or wouldn't it be wide enough? I currently wear the Wave Rider 15s in a wide width, and they fit perfectly.

Thanks!

Hey finnsmom!

The wide option for Wave Rider 17 will be the white upper and dewberry (purple) midsole!  Looks beautiful in person!
        The Sayonara is not avail in wide yet, but it might be worth trying on, as it has a slightly different fit than traditional Mizuno shoes and much lower toe sprung.

My wife's friend always wears a wide running shoe, and ended up going with a men's size 7.0 in Sayonara vs. her traditional women 8.5 wide.   Might be an option for you as well!

Thanks!!

---------

I've used the Mizuno Wave Universe 5 for a few runs now, including my 18 mile long run this past Sunday.  I do definitely like them and will probably get a couple more pairs.  Just wish there were better color options.

I've used the Mizuno Wave Universe 5 for a few runs now, including my 18 mile long run this past Sunday.  I do definitely like them and will probably get a couple more pairs.  Just wish there were better color options.

I know you hate the design, but it does feel great doesn't it?

---------

B-Plus

When are we getting the Sayonara love-fest started? I guess we can wait since I tried on a pair the other day and they were huge in my regular size. I'm waiting for the LRS to get stock of a .5 smaller size.

I know you hate the design, but it does feel great doesn't it?

Yes, they feel great!

The first thing I did was to swap out the laces for some Lock Laces.  If I get a couple more pairs to rotate, I'll just have to get some different colored Lock Laces so I can tell which shoes go with which pair since the shoes don't come in any other colors.

I've heard that you guys are no longer making the Wave Precision shoe. That's what I have been running in since high school so I was a bit bummed when I heard that. What would be the closest replacement for the Precision that I should be looking for when I need a new pair? The newer, lighter Wave Riders or the new Wave Sayonara?

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

I've heard that you guys are no longer making the Wave Precision shoe. That's what I have been running in since high school so I was a bit bummed when I heard that. What would be the closest replacement for the Precision that I should be looking for when I need a new pair? The newer, lighter Wave Riders or the new Wave Sayonara?

Awesome question.

Yep, you nailed it... the Wave Sayonara would be the replacement for runners looking for that everyday, lightweight performance trainer.
                    Basically, where we were taking the Rider franchise was eliminating the need for the Precision, as WR17 is going to be lighter than any Precision would ever be.

Essentially the 2 shoes just could not coexist.... so we had to go back to the drawing board and create a better, faster performance trainer for to solve runner's needs.

For a really good look at the Sayonara, check out this review from a blogger who tested a pair:
                    http://themiddlemiles.blogspot.com/2013/07/gear-review-mizuno-wave-sayonara-and.html

---------

Thanks Seth! That was a great link too. The blogger directly compared it to the Precision. Just what I was looking for. I definitely want to give them a try. I just have to wear out my Precision 13's first.

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

Sweet!  I can assure you... once you throw down a few miles in them, you'll forget about the Precision.

---------

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Tried on a pair of the Sayonaras the other day...very, very impressed!  They'll be in contention with my Kinvara 3's for a lightweight, speedwork shoe.

If I had to complain about something, it would be the plastic loop on the side.  One of the shoes - the left one, I think - had this little plastic loop with a small cardboard piece attached.  I don't know if it's supposed to be reflective, or what, but it was really annoying as I ran.  If they can just get rid of that in the next iteration, it'll be just about perfect!

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

I picked up some sayonaras the other day and took them out for the first run tonight. So far they are great.

--

Nashville, TN

I picked up some sayonaras the other day and took them out for the first run tonight. So far they are great.

Awesome!  Keep us posted after you throw down some more mileage in them!

---------

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Seth,

the blog you cited noted the slimmer toe box of the Sayonara.  One of the things I like about the Precision is the wide toe box.  I haven't tried the Sayonara on but, assuming it feels tight in the toes, what similar shoe would you recommend?  I've been in Precisions the last 3-4 yours.