Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Good stuff.  

A small request to the OP: Can you please take the ellipsis out of the thread title. It is grating at my nerves.  I mean, thanks and all. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I run my longer runs in Inspire 8 and Nexus 6.  Looking for a lighter shoe, one for HM-Marathon, but one with a bit of support.

The Riders are, surprisingly, heavier than these two. 

I ran in Elixir quite a while ago, so not sure.  

Thoughts?  

MTA: They don't have to be Mizunos.  

L Train

The rat shoes are definitely cool. I ran in Mizunos Riders for my first two marathons. Now they feel too heavy. I know you didn't have a great experience with the Saucony Kinvara - the Saucony Mirage might be better. Have you tried any Adidas? Like maybe the Tempo?

I still run a lot in the Kinvaras but also run in the Adidas Bostons and Adios. The Tempo it seems is similar to the Boston but has a bit of posting. Adidas is a VERY different feel than Mizuno or any other shoe. Much firmer. But at faster paces they feel great (to me, anyway). 

Since this is a Mizuno thread, started by a Mizuno rep, you might ask about what would be a comparable racing shoe to the Mizuno Ronin. Like, a Ronin with some posting. If such a think exists. 

MTA: A Ronin with some posting is the Musha, which you already have. Carry on.

joescott

Hey Nader, after my latest surgical episode I went on the hunt for shoes lightweight yet well-cushioned.  I landed on the Wave Precisions.  I can't hardly believe they feel as good on my feet as they do considering they are also pretty light.  I will wear them as racing shoes for marathon and HM distances.  Might even go down as low as 10k, but probably I'll still lace up my racing flats for anything shorter than that.

p.s., I think they are about an ounce (so 10%) lighter than your Riders.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

These are three great recommendations, in addition to a surprisingly sub-nauseating photo from L Train.  

Joe, nice to see you training nice and consistently again.  

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

The Brooks ST5 is a decent shoe if you want something with support and a more conventional heel to toe drop.  I think they are about 8.5oz compared to 11ish for Inspires but plenty enough shoe for a marathon.

MTA.  You can check with Brooks, they may do them in mole skin.....

#artbydmcbride

I think possum is lighter.......

Runners run

The Brooks ST5 is a decent shoe if you want something with support and a more conventional heel to toe drop.  I think they are about 8.5oz compared to 11ish for Inspires but plenty enough shoe for a marathon.

MTA.  You can check with Brooks, they may do them in mole skin.....

Thanks, Roth Runner.

Went to the running store (first time in a long while).  They did an abbreviated gait analysis, the hard sell (orthotics? socks?), but since I went close to closing time, they were under the gun, too.  Their sales resistance resistance was low.  Lots of zoopy-zoop. (I overheard a woman telling a customer about a sneaker's DNA. DNA?)

Anyways, my left foot has a little bit of an arch, right foot collapsed - Wait, what does this have to do with Mizuno? Nothing -  collapsed and points out. 

They brought out three "performance stability" or "stability performance" shoes:  

Brooks Racer ST 5  

Mirage 2 

Brooks Fastwtich

Mirage felt a little more cushiony, so let's start with that.  But maybe the other two, down the line.   

Thanks, gang.  

xor

"DNA" is a Brooks-ism.

I like the term "sales resistance resistance".  I'm good with that at some places.  Bad with that at the car dealer. Sigh.

Also, your Fastwitch is a Saucony.  I personally like this shoe better than the ST5.

I personally like this shoe better than the ST5.

That is definitely good to know. 

HCH

Someone in my running club told me that Mizuno is discontinuing the Wave Nirvana line completely. Please tell me she is terribly mistaken. Otherwise, I will have to run out and buy all the remaining pairs in the Twin Cities. I think I'm on my 20th or so pair.

Only 26.2 miles more to go.

msmrow

FYI, DNA is what Brooks calls the cushioning technology in their shoes.  Similar to the Asics "gel" system.  Used to be called hyrdoflow.