Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Anyone try the new Wave Rider 17's yet??

Just got a pair for Christmas. I've only run in them once so far (too many shoes in rotation right nowSmile ). really like them and big difference from the 16 for sure.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Just got a pair for Christmas. I've only run in them once so far (too many shoes in rotation right nowSmile ). really like them and big difference from the 16 for sure.

Right on jedigunnie.

Wr17 is smoother for me on the roads, definitely lighter without sacrificing anything.  Hope you like it the more you hammer the miles!

---------

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I cranked out an 11 miler at a 7:07, a few seconds faster than I was aiming.

The Inspire 10's felt great the entire time. Sort of what I would expect to feel from a go-to shoe. I did notice I stayed quite a bit more mid foot strike than I would have in the 9's (as evidenced from the wear marks post run)

I can say, my calves felt fresher the morning after due to more mid foot work. Also as mentioned above my pace was quicker, I can't say that was strictly shoe, fresh legs or a combination of the two. But the run felt fairly effortless overall.

I cranked out an 11 miler at a 7:07, a few seconds faster than I was aiming.

The Inspire 10's felt great the entire time. Sort of what I would expect to feel from a go-to shoe. I did notice I stayed quite a bit more mid foot strike than I would have in the 9's (as evidenced from the wear marks post run)

I can say, my calves felt fresher the morning after due to more mid foot work. Also as mentioned above my pace was quicker, I can't say that was strictly shoe, fresh legs or a combination of the two. But the run felt fairly effortless overall.

"effortless"  I like that!  I might pass that on to my colleagues, thanks for the feedback!

---------

bryantsf

Been looking at the Wave Hitogami...did I read correctly that it's a "performance trainer"? Looks like it'd make a solid racing flat.

@bryantsf on Twitter

joescott

Hey seth, thought I would just pass along a little feedback.  Quite some time ago when they were shutting down the Wave Precisions, I asked you about what shoe to go to, and after some input from you and some more research on my own I landed on the Wave Sayonaras.  I'm now on my 2nd pair, and you know what, I love them!  I like them even more than I liked the Precisions.  So, good on ya, mate!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Hey Joe!

Hope all is well,  wow thanks for the feedback my friend.  I too have been running a ton in the Sayonara since it hit the streets last summer... replaced my beloved Elixir with no issues.. in fact, I have a few pair of Elixir still unopened that might never see the light of day!

Thanks for the feedback

Seth

Hey seth, thought I would just pass along a little feedback.  Quite some time ago when they were shutting down the Wave Precisions, I asked you about what shoe to go to, and after some input from you and some more research on my own I landed on the Wave Sayonaras.  I'm now on my 2nd pair, and you know what, I love them!  I like them even more than I liked the Precisions.  So, good on ya, mate!

---------

Been looking at the Wave Hitogami...did I read correctly that it's a "performance trainer"? Looks like it'd make a solid racing flat.

Yea man.. I've been rotating into the daily rotation, feels smooth... like a cross between the Sayonara and Wave Ronin.

Will for sure be on my feet for Boston in April!

---------

B-Plus

Yea man.. I've been rotating into the daily rotation, feels smooth... like a cross between the Sayonara and Wave Ronin.

Will for sure be on my feet for Boston in April!

Any advice on sizing? I went down half a size when I went from Elixir to Sayonara.

Any advice on sizing? I went down half a size when I went from Elixir to Sayonara.

I did the exact same thing from Elixir to Sayonara, and my Hitogami's are all the same size as my Sayonara!   Thanks for the question my friend!

---------

Julia1971

Seth,

Did the sizing for the Wave Riders change from the 16s to the 17s?  I bought my first pair of 17s in the same size as the 16s.  (BTW, the color choices weren't too bad.  Smile )  I ran in them today for the first time and they felt loose.  In fact, I took them off without untying the laces.  I guess I should try them in an 8?  I'm afraid of going to tight though.  I'm proud to say I've never lost a toe nail to running.

FWIW, despite the negative feedback I read online, they didn't feel that different from the 16s IMHO.  I little less spring in the step but not so much that I hated them.

Docket_Rocket

The 17s and the Sayonaras fit me in the same size as the older modelS.

I am getting a pair of Hitogamis today.  Too bad I cannot run for another 3 weeks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Julia1971

Maybe the difference is that I wasn't wearing lace locks. Still, they were pretty roomy. Sigh. Not sure what I'll do. But I've got about 500 miles of 16s between the three pairs I own. That should last me a month or so. Wink

The 17s and the Sayonaras fit me in the same size as the older modelS.

I am getting a pair of Hitogamis today.  Too bad I cannot run for another 3 weeks.

Rod Staples

The Elixr is gone and so is the Musha not cool!

Give my best regards to Mr. Ron Wayne from Nobby.  A super nice guy... 

Elixir was my go-to forever... I feel your pain Rod.  But the Sayonara replaced it in my lineup... then I got the Hitogami,and thats all I have wanted to run in lately

The Elixr is gone and so is the Musha not cool!

---------