Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Docket_Rocket

Elixir was my go-to forever... I feel your pain Rod.  But the Sayonara replaced it in my lineup... then I got the Hitogami,and thats all I have wanted to run in lately

Unfortunately, the Sayonaras don't feel the same and they hurt my heel.  I cannot use them for marathons as I used Elixirs for.  I am sad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I am kinda in the same boat.

I managed to find a pair of Inspire 9s and those will last another 2 months.  After that I am at a loss,  I am still rotating the Inspire 10's in once a week or so.

Regardless of the reports that the Inspire 10 is a much improved shoe or not, it definitely is a step back for me.

The LRS has a pair of Elixirs I was looking at but am hesitant to grab those to just stave off a new model decision for another 2-3 months.

Sayonara, for me tend to run narrow and I have to size up a full size to get a comfortable width and end up having over an inch of extra 'toe'.

Grrr...

I  might have to look elsewhere and hope the Inspire 11's work.   Decision to wait for another couple of months.

On a related note:

I needed to replace my DS Racers for 5k/ speed work and was looking for the Hitogami (the LRS didn't carry them).  I tried the Ronin they had, not for me though the upper felt fantastic.  I ended up with a pair of Saucony.

Oh, 100% agree it does not feel the same... was not really designed to.  Different fit and feel.... little closer to ground, but more responsive.  For me, the heel is actually softer than I expected, which is way I'm in the Wave Hitogami most runs now... firmer ride.

Unfortunately, the Sayonaras don't feel the same and they hurt my heel.  I cannot use them for marathons as I used Elixirs for.  I am sad.

---------

Docket_Rocket

I get those today but I still cannot run.  I love the Sayonaras.  Just too much heel softness after the runs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Seth, the Hitogamis feel very nice (the color makes me want to vomit, ha).  I cannot wait two more weeks (I have to) to try them.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Seth, the Hitogamis feel very nice (the color makes me want to vomit, ha).  I cannot wait two more weeks (I have to) to try them.

DR

Since you were the first to point me at the Inspire 9's,  please (when you get back to it)  give a report of the Hitogamis.

Rod Staples

Seth,  The Musha is gone also.  That was a light weight stability.  What took its place?  I feel like the Syonara  the material is to hot.  Ok for cold temperatures but not okay for the hot weather.  It does have a good fit for me.

DR

Since you were the first to point me at the Inspire 9's,  please (when you get back to it)  give a report of the Hitogamis.

Buzz-

I used to run in Mizuno Nirvanas and ran in those for several years.  Those were my absolute favorites.

I came to them from a prior history of mostly Asics and then one pair of New Balance (which I never got used to).

When time to buy new in November, I was very disappointed to see they were gone.  The recommended replacement were Inspire 9s.  They were lighter, but didn't have the same cushioning.  I got a calf strain in those shoes. I think the lower level of cushioning was a contributor.

I tried the new Paradox.  Too stiff.  Too much like the Alchemy.

I'm in Aisc Kayanos now.  Don't love them, but I can't seem to fit into the Mizuno lineup anymore.

Seth,  The Musha is gone also.  That was a light weight stability.  What took its place?  I feel like the Syonara  the material is to hot.  Ok for cold temperatures but not okay for the hot weather.  It does have a good fit for me.

Wave Hitogami should fit well for you

---------

Mostly harmless

Seth, is there much difference between the Wave Inspire 8 and the 10.  Between stock piling a few pairs of the 8's and missing two months of running because of injury I skipped over the 9's.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Yea, much lighter, much smoother shoe...

Seth, is there much difference between the Wave Inspire 8 and the 10.  Between stock piling a few pairs of the 8's and missing two months of running because of injury I skipped over the 9's.

---------

B-Plus

I did the exact same thing from Elixir to Sayonara, and my Hitogami's are all the same size as my Sayonara!   Thanks for the question my friend!

Great! I can't wait to try out the Hitogami. Loving the Sayonara and don't know what I'm going to do with a couple of brand new pairs of Elixirs.

Andy MacG

Hey Runners!

Just wanted to start a thread for any/all Mizuno questions.

I work in the running division, and would be happy to help you all out..

cheers!

Any recommendations for a Mizuno shoe that's similar/same as WaveRider 12? I bought several pairs a few years back & now I'm out of stock!

B-Plus

Any recommendations for a Mizuno shoe that's similar/same as WaveRider 12? I bought several pairs a few years back & now I'm out of stock!

I haven't been in the Rider since the 13 so I can't compare, but I would start with the latest model, the Wave Rider 17. You can still get the 16 for cheaper, and just a hunch, but it may be more similar to the 12 than the 17.

jerseyrunner

Half Fanatic 12680

I've been running in Wave Riders for several years. I think the 16 is closer to the 12 than the new 17, but you might want to go to a running store to check out the 17. It's lighter than the 16, but I haven't made up my mind if I actually like it better. I'm still considering snagging a few pairs of the 16 online while they are still available.