Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

thanks.  I'll look at both

Cyberic

I have a pair of NB890V4. Very comfortable shoe, but I don't think the toe box is very wide. They're the shoes I brought on vacation and I miss my Mizunos. They might work out for you though. I also find the outersole is much softer than that of Mizunos. I supinate a bit and it barely shows underneath all my Mizunos, but there's severe wear under the 890V4 where my foot strikes the ground after only 200 miles.

I think the New Balance 890s are around 8mm drop.

Cyberic

Can't wait to try them. I'll probably try to get a few pairs of original Sayonaras if I get a good deal though.

I got the Sayonara 2s last week.  OMG.  They really improved the Sayonaras.  Love them.

I have the Mizuno Wave Creation 13.  I bought them about 2 years ago, and they have over 435 miles on them.  I have also lost weight, going from ~150 to 116.  How many miles do these shoes usually last through, and what shoes would you recommend I get next?  Shoe finder does not recommend this style, I'm guessing because my weight is so much lower now.  I am not having any issues with shin splints or injuries.

I have & like the New Balance 890 & agree that the toebox is not especially wide.  The shoe was almost perfect for me, but it really broke down before 400 miles. They're in rough shape, no tread anymore for traction, multiple holes, it's sad.

I have Saucony Grid Rapture with a similar fit but a bit more room in the toes, and the NewBalance 750 with a similar fit but even more room in the toes.

B-Plus

I have the Mizuno Wave Creation 13.  I bought them about 2 years ago, and they have over 435 miles on them.  I have also lost weight, going from ~150 to 116.  How many miles do these shoes usually last through, and what shoes would you recommend I get next?  Shoe finder does not recommend this style, I'm guessing because my weight is so much lower now.  I am not having any issues with shin splints or injuries.

I can't speak to the durability since I've never tried the Creation (will vary from individual to individual anyway), but what are you looking for in a new shoe? I assume something lighter, so the Wave Rider is worth a look. It seems like a trip to your local running store is in order so you can talk it out with them and try on a bunch of options.

Cyberic

Durability will vary from one person to the other as B+ mentioned. I now weigh in the low 170s but used to be in the mid 180s. 2 pairs of Riders 16 lasted me roughly 600 miles each. I went through one pair of Sayonaras, and they lasted less than the Riders. Low 400 miles.

Mostly harmless

I have been running in the Wave Inspire since 2010.  I really loved the Inspire 8 & 9 but the 10 & 11 not so much. I developed a bad case of AT training for a marathon last fall that I'm still recovering slowly from.

I'm thinking about giving the Paradox a try as I ease back into running this spring.  I have super high arches and prone to AT issues.  Has anyone switched from the Inspire to the Paradox? Testimonials? I plan to visit my LRS store this weekend and check them out.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

I have 2 pairs of the Inspire 10s, but they work for me and I have flat feet.  I transitioned to Inspires from Creations because I lost a lot of weight and was having some knee pain, thought the mild stability might work a little better for me.  Plus my Creations had over 500 miles and needed replacements.

runmichigan

I'm thinking about giving the Paradox a try as I ease back into running this spring.  I have super high arches and prone to AT issues.  Has anyone switched from the Inspire to the Paradox? Testimonials? I plan to visit my LRS store this weekend and check them out.

I primarily train for marathons in Wave Inspires.  The Inspire 9 was not a big hit with me.  The Wave Inspire 10 were better and the Wave Inspire 11 is even better.  I also had a pair of the Wave Paradox in my rotation.  I liked the wider toe box (when compared to the Inspire 9).  I did not notice any difference in the weight of the shoes.  The Paradox tends to be more of a motion control shoe while the Inspire is a stability shoe.  I found at times I was bothered by how stiff the Paradox could feel.  The Paradox only lasted for just over 400 miles.  There were some worn spots on the sole and the midsole did not hold up beyond 400 miles (I get 500 miles out of the Inspire).  I heard there were some quality control problems with the Paradox, but those may be solved now.  The only other minor detail to consider is the Paradox are generally $20 more expensive than the Inspire.

Mostly harmless

I primarily train for marathons in Wave Inspires.  The Inspire 9 was not a big hit with me.  The Wave Inspire 10 were better and the Wave Inspire 11 is even better.  I also had a pair of the Wave Paradox in my rotation.  I liked the wider toe box (when compared to the Inspire 9).  I did not notice any difference in the weight of the shoes.  The Paradox tends to be more of a motion control shoe while the Inspire is a stability shoe.  I found at times I was bothered by how stiff the Paradox could feel.  The Paradox only lasted for just over 400 miles.  There were some worn spots on the sole and the midsole did not hold up beyond 400 miles (I get 500 miles out of the Inspire).  I heard there were some quality control problems with the Paradox, but those may be solved now.  The only other minor detail to consider is the Paradox are generally $20 more expensive than the Inspire.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

ledfortr

I have had 4 pairs of wave riders 16 (12.5).  The 16's aren't as available as they once were, I tried to change it up and went to the hitogami (also 12.5).  I found that there is at least a .5 size difference between the wave riders and hitogami.  I had to send them back.   Stay consistent folks!!!!

On a side note, The wave rider 17's were terrible and very different from the 16's.  The 18's are now very close to what the 16's are.  I thank you for this.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Anyone else find that the Inspire 10s wore out quickly?

I have about 220 miles on mine and I'm finding that I have bilateral top-of-hip pain.  Trying to figure out if the shoes are worn out, or the combination of shoes + Your Sole inserts is providing too much support and I should lose the insert.  I have a medium-high arch, but a very floppy foot, and the insert may be overcorrecting my pronation (and driving the force up my hip?)

Anyone else find that the Inspire 10s wore out quickly?

I have about 220 miles on mine and I'm finding that I have bilateral top-of-hip pain.  Trying to figure out if the shoes are worn out, or the combination of shoes + Your Sole inserts is providing too much support and I should lose the insert.  I have a medium-high arch, but a very floppy foot, and the insert may be overcorrecting my pronation (and driving the force up my hip?)

I've been running in the the Inspire 10s. No problems so far (at 250 miles).  I have really flat feet and I am not wearing an insole with these (or at all).  I can definitely see the combo causing hip pain.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I've been running in the the Inspire 10s. No problems so far (at 250 miles).  I have really flat feet and I am not wearing an insole with these (or at all).  I can definitely see the combo causing hip pain.

I have the Inspire10 It feels  light so I have only run 6 miles are shorter in them. 43 miles in 3 months. I did do a hilly 5k and it did not seem to impact my performance. I will take them out on a 10+ miler for a test run. I need a shoe to alternate with the Asics 2000 series.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/