Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Lynx

I've been using the Inspire for a few years now, starting from 5 till 8, which is my current shoe. I bought the Elixir after my Inspire 7 and although it is great for shorter runs (5-10k) I feel the lack of support when I get roughly at 15km... So I'm back to my old faithful. I hope they do not kill the Inspire line anytime soon.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I've been using the Inspire for a few years now, starting from 5 till 8, which is my current shoe. I bought the Elixir after my Inspire 7 and although it is great for shorter runs (5-10k) I feel the lack of support when I get roughly at 15km... So I'm back to my old faithful. I hope they do not kill the Inspire line anytime soon.

Don't think they will considering the Inspire 9 was just released.Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I'm so glad I dumped my orthotics because used to wear them in the Rider and Precision. I'd be so choked right now if the Pre was still my shoe. Actually, I still have 3 pairs of the 10s, one brand new.

I actually did same thing with my Superfeet. No difference with what comes with them imo after a few now without them. I love the Pre too and it will be missed, but the Sayanora sounds like a great replacement.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Lynx

Don't think they will considering the Inspire 9 was just released.Smile

You're right, though I have a few 100 km to go before I'm "allowed" to get the 9! 

Docket_Rocket

Cool,

I will look at the Inspire.  I actually looked at the Elixer when I was adding a lightweight race shoe. The shoe felt good, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for at the time and I settled on the DS Racer.  However, I will revisit it as a Kayano replacement along with the Inspire.

And yes the Kayano is a beast compared to those. But I can't fault it, I needed the cushion and support at one time and I have just grown to not need it anymore.

I've done several marathons in the Elixirs and to me, they are the best shoe around.  But I felt they were right for me as soon as I started running in them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

DR what kind of mileage do you get out of Elixirs?

Docket_Rocket

DR what kind of mileage do you get out of Elixirs?

My oldest one has 200 miles or thereabouts and is still as new.  Most of my shoes last 350 or thereabouts (I suspect because I am slow).  So, so far, so good.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

I love and have used Elixirs for races up to Half-marathons but never dared to used them for full - used the Inspire instead. My Elixir were shot at around 300M but it's probably because I almost exclusively did fast running with them. I would like to buy a new pair but the only I can find on my size is this - I am not that desperate.

Hamish911

I love and have used Elixirs for races up to Half-marathons but never dared to used them for full - used the Inspire instead. My Elixir were shot at around 300M but it's probably because I almost exclusively did fast running with them. I would like to buy a new pair but the only I can find on my size is this - I am not that desperate.

ummm what's the problem with them? Great shoe - nice and loud too Smile

The 8 is out here (Australia) and thats even louder

Splashalot

I know I posted this on their facebook page but has anyone had any trouble with hard lumps in the midfoot section of their wave rider 15's? I just so want to enjoy those shoes but it is just so painful. I tried eliciting a response with a golf ball and felt nothing and have never had any outer foot pain with my NB minimus roads or kinvara 3's. Is there a break in period I don't know about?

Yep, I know that feeling.  The Inspire 8s have the same issue - in fact mine gave me merry hell for a hundred kms or so, then the hard lumps seemed to soften.  Eventually I couldn't feel them much at all and the foot pain/irritation went away.  I too put it down to the flex controllers, as the discomfort lined-up perfectly with them

Oh, and hi to all the usual crew - I wondered where you all went!

Smashy!!!

Splash, Hamish, Brad! Howdy! 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Splash, Hamish, Brad! Howdy! 

Hi Mizuno freaks!Smile

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Hi Mizuno freaks!Smile

Jedi, youre definitely one of us! 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Need a free shoe fairy... especially around xmas.

I figure I will buy 3 different shoes after xmas from runningwarehouse and burn a week in each one and see what I think.  I would really like to support the LRSs but damn, only running on a treadmill, no wear etc. makes it really tough to feel a shoe. 

HCH

The issue is, I don't like going through several hundred dollars figuring out what works.  And when you run good volume what does not work is immediately trash, there is no limping it through its useful lifespan.  I'm not the new gizmo type of guy, I find what works and I run with it.  The reason I stuck with Mizuno was that they left well enough alone for so long.

I will likely wait until they start the phase-out and buy a 3-year supply at discount pricing.  Then I won't have to worry for awhile.

Yup. I hate shoe companies. I'm sick of going through this every 5 years. You find a pair that works for you, and the bastards decide to phase it out so they can sell more shoes.

Only 26.2 miles more to go.