Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

B-Plus

Thanks both of you. All my Mizunos have been the same size as well, so I was surprised at Shoefitr. Ok, I'll order my regular size. These will be my cheapest shoes by far. I hope they work for me.
      Thanks both of you. All my Mizunos have been the same size as well, so I was surprised at Shoefitr. Ok, I'll order my regular size. These will be my cheapest shoes by far. I hope they work for me.

Order with a place that has a good return policy. zappos.com is good. I think runningwarehouse.com is, as well.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

B-Plus

It's final sale but I'm willing to take the risk for $40. Actually they have a B&M store, so I guess it wouldn't be totally out of line to go try before I buy. Thanks again.

Trying something heavier than what?

The Wave Sayanora is not replacing the Precision... it's a completely new shoe in our lineup that is something we have never offered before in a shoe.   It will be the lightest weight "trainer" we've ever made (not calling the Ronin or Musha a trainer).  8.1oz

The coolest thing for me, is the completely new midsole developed for this shoe... going away from AP+, the Sayanora will be the first Mizuno shoe to utilize the new U4IC midsole... which is 30% lighter than AP+, yet keeps the same properties.

The funny thing is, and this scared me... is that Precision did EXTREMELY well this year, and when I got word that it was being phased out... we kind of panicked.   The biggest reason Precision is sailing off into the sunset, is that it honestly became too close to the Rider (or the Rider became too close to the Precision) and there was no need to keep both shoes in our lineup.

Sorry I've been slacking in these forums... crazy time of year around the office here Smile

The reason I speculate they were going to try something heavier is that I am assuming they did not sell the volume of the Precision that they wanted so they were abandoning it to try and generate a bigger volume seller...which you are unlikely to do in that weight class.  I have never seen the Precision in a brick-and-mortar store, so they can't be incredibly popular.

---------

I go about 400 miles on my Elixirs... Elixir 8 already has 200 on them, and feel great!

Slymoon:  I got about 330 miles out of my pair of Elixir 6s.  I could have wrung a bit more out of them, but didn't see the need.

---------

joescott

. is that Precision did EXTREMELY well this year, and when I got word that it was being phased out... we kind of panicked.   

Dang.  That sucks.  I am a Precision guy.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Yea, lots of my friends are too.... but trust me things are coming down the road that will excite you.

Plus, the Wave Rider essentially has become the Precision!

Dang.  That sucks.  I am a Precision guy.

---------

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Yea, lots of my friends are too.... but trust me things are coming down the road that will excite you.

Plus, the Wave Rider essentially has become the Precision!

I think the Rider 16 is even better than the Pre13, but I love both shoes. Can't wait to try the Sayonara though.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

I love both the Precisions and the Riders but since they announced that the Precisions were being phased out, I've not gotten attached to it as much as I would've.

So far, the Rider 16s are doing great.  They might be my multiple marathon shoe. :-)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Surely the precision has/had a smaller heel/toe drop than the rider?

If I read the product info right:

Precision 13:  14.4 mm heel-toe drop  http://www.takbo.ph/2012/08/mizuno-wave-precision-13-running-shoes/

Wave Rider 16: 12 mm "offset"   http://www.realrunreview.com/2012/11/shoe-review-mizuno-wave-rider-16_9.html

Running warehouse has them as:

Precision 13 -- 13mm (17/30)

Wave Rider 16 -- 12mm (16/28)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Smashy!!!

No.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Yes, both the Rider and Precision have a standard heel/toe drop.

---------

joescott

Hey Seth, what's the mass difference between the Precision and the Rider?  Also, isn't the Rider more "stability" oriented?  I really like the lightweight and flexibility of the Precision.  A friend of mine just this morning said about his Riders that he felt they were kinda clunky and that he didn't feel like he could "feel the ground".

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.