Garmin 201 bummer...!!! (Read 778 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

Went to put my Garmin 201 on this am, and the thing won't work?! Confused Won't charge...nothin!!! After 2+ yrs of faithful service, is that it? Anyone had a similar experience? I've gotten spoiled with the GPS... Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

Yep - same thing happened to me...I tried to charge it again, but it didn't accept the charge. Mine was over 3 years old, and I was actually happy when the 201 died...replaced it with a 305 Big grin
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is no bummer. This is an opportunity. Get ye a 305...just $150ish right now!
          I had a similar problem with my 305 and doing a master reset fixed it. Below is the directions for how to do this on the 201.. MASTER RESET: To reset the FR201 or FR301, turn the unit off. Press and hold the MODE and ENTER button simultaneously and press and release the power button. The screen should turn light gray- continue holding the mode and enter button until the Forerunner startup screen appears. Warning: All of your data in the Forerunner will be erased!

2008 Philly Trifecta

Welp...I tried the Master reset, other various combo buttons, shaking, tapping...everything short of a sledge hammer... Angry Last night I broke down and ordered the 305 with from Amazon! (my wifes early birthday gift to me- Nov 6th) Wanted one since they came out, and thrilled to get it for $138! Should be here by 9/26. Question... What's your favorite feature on the 305 compared to the 201? And do you use the heartrate monitor? Thanks all! Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
            2008 Philly Trifecta:
            10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
            Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
            Philly Marathon-11/23
            "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"