Garmin 235 no longer recognized???? (Read 76 times)

Jim J

Runner

The past few runs when I hook up the Garmin 235 and click Upload GPS Data the "clock" just spins and never finds the Garmin.  It has worked fine in the past.  I unplug and re-plug it in but still it can not find the Garmin 235.

Has something changed of late I am missing?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jim

Jim J

marunr

Same here. Not sure why. I'm using Internet Explorer as it seems no other browsers support the garmin plug in.

Jim J

Runner

Eric,,,,help us poor slugs out!!!  :-)

Jim J

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Not Eric, but.....are you using Garmin Express or the Communicator?

an amazing likeness

If you're using the Garmin Communicator plug-in...it is time to change to Garmin Express.

Garmin Communicator no longer is usable. The browsers no longer support it, and Garmin has expired it from use.

There's more details in this RA topic if you want to read them.

If you are currently uploading via the Garmin Communicator browser plug-in, you need to make some changes:

The solution is Garmin Express, and you will have no issues staying with Safari and getting data uploaded.

1. Go over to Garmin.com (link) and download the Garmin Express software.

2. Install Garmin Express. This will remove and replace the Garmin Communicator browser plug-in which is End-of-Life.

3. Insure you have the integration setup between RunningAHEAD and Garmin Connect (in your RA log: Tools-> Applications)

With Garmin Express installed, whenever your Garmin device is connected, new workouts will be upload by Garmin Express to Garmin Connect and will pass through to your RunningAHEAD log and be there for you to save.  You then add the workout to your log exactly as you do today via Log -> Upload GPS Data.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

runmichigan

The plugin is Garmin Communicator which Garmin no longer supports because many browsers stopped supporting plugins.  You can still upload your data through Garmin Express.  This uploads your data to Garmin Connect.  Then as long as you enabled the integration from Garmin Connect to RA, your data will be automatically to RA.

janemporcelli

Me too. Same problem starting on Monday 10/23.

I already do have the integration with Garmin Express. And Garmin connect.

Any other ideas?

Today I resorted to using the garmin training center to upload there, then export to a file, then upload from file.

I am running on Windows 8 and IE 11 browser.

runmichigan

Try removing the integration on both Garmin Connect and RA and then putting it back in place.

Jim J

Runner

OP here....

I did as instructed and opened Garmin Express. It synced with the 235 and then I went back to the RA site and low and behold there was the download waiting to be saved.  It stacked up over 20 previous runs but I just added the newest and then deleted the rest.

Today I had to do the same thing but there was only this morning's run to be saved.  Just an extra step which sucks but it's better than doing it all manually!

Thanks all!

Jim J

marunr

This worked for me as well. Thanks for the help everyone!

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

My 235 automatically syncs with the app on my phone when I walk in the door from a run. It's then on RA a few seconds later. Not sure if you guys are using the app or not, but it saves the step of turning on my computer and connecting the watch.