Run Types (Read 1277 times)

Just a little suggestion here. I like the options you have for run types, but could you put a generic "Training" run as part of it. There are times when I'm just going out for a regular run that is not quite tempo, but not quite easy. It would be nice to have that option for my log. ~~Mark Cool
    Knitter

I agree - not all my runs are "easy", but they don't fit the other categories, either. Also, I can't figure out how to record intervals.
      Knitter

I agree - not all my runs are "easy", but they don't fit the other categories, either. Also, I can't figure out how to record intervals.
        eric :)

Hi Mark, I started working on user definable run types last week. You'll be able to create 6 new types on top of the predefined ones. You can also specify your own colors for each type as well. Much of the coding is done. It still require a lot of testing, and I'm expecting to wrap it up a week from now. I noticed that some users use the log to keep track of other activities such as biking and swimming. I made the intentional decision to keep this log running oriented for now. I don't want log to be all purpose. By keeping my focus on running, I'm hoping that I can make it the best running log available. That doesn't mean you can't use it for other stuff. You can create a run type for swimming or biking if you like. eric Smile

Knitter, To create an interval for a run, click the down arrow to expand the Intervals panel. You'll need to name the interval, such as "5 x 800m" or "mile repeats". Enter the distance and its distance unit, along with the interval time, then click the "Add" button to the right of the row. You can also specify the interval type, which can be "Interval", "Recovery", or "Rest". The Auto Sum feature will sum up the interval distances and times and update the distance and time in the Run Info panel. It's really helpful if you have multiple intervals. You are not restricted from entering the interval data for just Interval workouts. You can use it for everything else. For example, I use it to keep track of my race mile splits. I hope this helps. eric Smile
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You can also specify the interval type, which can be "Interval", "Recovery", or "Rest".
              Can we also get "warmup" as one of the choices in the type box (or the ability to customize this as well)?
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Can we also get "warmup" as one of the choices in the type box (or the ability to customize this as well)?
                Trent, I think you can already do this, if I'm understanding your question. Go to "Options", then "My Log Preferences." At the bottom, you'll see workout types: Running Cycling Swimming Other If you click on "Running", you'll get the current standard 7 options: Easy Hill Interval Long Tempo Race Fartlek as well as 6 other blanks for customized run types. You could enter "warm-up" as one of the types here. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nope, not there. This is when entering a run workout, select interval, there is a little uneditable dropdown box that includes as choices (as Eric said, above) "Interval", "Recovery", and "Rest. Big grin
                  jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Doh! Undecided I hate it when I don't read the whole thread before replying...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Wow. Way to dig up an old thread Trent! The intervals aren't really meant for recording warm ups and cool downs. You can't lump everything together while retaining the ability to graph on specific components. There is a way to make things work, but it will involve ripping everything apart to do it. I can add an additional distance and duration fields so that you can record distance/time spent in a workout, and the total distance/time. Like I said, that will affect the entire site and is something I'm not willing to do right now.
                        Could we get more boxes to add types of runs?
                          Could we get more boxes to add types of runs?
                          Or at least to be able to redefine the standard ones. Big grin Ewa
                          I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Dog-Love

Isn't this what jeffgoblue wrote? There are 6 extra boxes to define whatever type of run you want. Must not be SkBunny...because I noticed you defined a run as "blizzard" so you already use that feature.
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                              Oh, but I am greedy. I want to be able to rename all the runs, even the predefined ones. Big grin Ewa
                              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                                Isn't this what jeffgoblue wrote? There are 6 extra boxes to define whatever type of run you want. Must not be SkBunny...because I noticed you defined a run as "blizzard" so you already use that feature.
                                I have more than 6 types of "extra" runs that I want to include. Big grin