Things people brag about that are unique to RA. (Read 1321 times)

This is not something people brag about but I'm certain it is a common thought: "WTF is the swamp?"

The mystery continues.............for us uninitiates.

Why is it sideways?

The mystery continues.............for us uninitiates.

The swamp is the 2000 mile group. So that instead of typing out "2000 mile forum" you can just write "the swamp." There, you've been initiated. Hopefully the hazing wasn't too unbearable.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

mikeymike

I know Jeff.

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

Jeff is mean.

I blame sportsjester.

"run" "2" "eat"

that's not very personally accountable, jeffer.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

The swamp is the 2000 mile group. So that instead of typing out "2000 mile forum" you can just write "the swamp." There, you've been initiated. Hopefully the hazing wasn't too unbearable.

Was not too unbearable, assuming of course there is such a "swamp."  Back in the day (alternate time space continuum in which a "swamp" may exist), you'd be greeted with a "Who the hell are you, creeperboy?" Not "anymore."

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

The King of Beasts

I am the smartest person on the internet.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

People constantly calculating how long before they pass the "bunny". Monday 8/22/11 6 AM.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I've seen the best finish face photo ever.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Purdey

Self anointed title

How much food they can ram down their gullet while power walking 100 miles at an 18 minute mile clip.

Or how they trained for two years to take 4 seconds off their best time for 3.1 miles.

mikeymike

Or how they trained for two years to take 4 seconds off their best time for 3.1 miles.

Or, worse, how they trained for seven years and took zero seconds off their best time for 3.1 miles.

Runners run

Or how they don't believe in the metric system.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Or how they don't believe in the metric system. 

Oh, I believe in the metric system. It's the biomimetic system I have trouble with.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Had to stop and take a dump about a mile into the run.

This stopped being unique when you logged your second or maybe third run on RA.

Your patented "shit kit" was priceless, though.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?