Things people brag about that are unique to RA. (Read 1321 times)

Slice

How you ran until you puked or freely admit you're still trying to achieve that milestone

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Hey, now...you aren't the only one who gets those "bragging" rights, missy!

But we've already established that mine are bigger and more unsightly Wink.

Another brag seems to be that you didn't do c25k and you just decided to run.  Again, not applicable to me.

Awesome, justifiable and inspirational brags are anything on the before and now pictures thread.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

jfa

"Flying monkeys hurling feces and racial epithets."

xor

The only race-based comment I've ever heard at Monkey was "stop treating this as a training run and race it."

Then again, I am the brown monkey.

The only race-based comment I've ever heard at Monkey was "stop treating this as a training run and race it."

Then again, I am the brown monkey.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Scout's mom.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Why is it sideways?

"run" "2" "eat"

if jeff complimented my comment, that would be something i'd brag about.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

I look my best blurry!

I know Trent.

I'll get to brag about this when I go to run with the Flying Monkeys!  Woo Hoo!  

I love to brag about making my imaginary internet friends my real friends.  Yes, this means YOU!  So far you're (almost) all better in person!  

xhristopher

I'll get to brag about this when I go to run with the Flying Monkeys!  Woo Hoo!  

I love to brag about making my imaginary internet friends my real friends.  Yes, this means YOU!  So far you're (almost) all better in person!  

I can't believe how many of you imaginary internet people I've met in real life. Warning, if you wearing ugly swamp gear there's a chance I'll come up behind you in the middle of a race and introduce myself.

I can't believe how many of you imaginary internet people I've met in real life. Warning, if you wearing ugly swamp gear there's a chance I'll come up behind you in the middle of a race and give you a wedgie.

FTFY

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Warning, if you wearing ugly swamp gear there's a chance I'll come up behind you in the middle of a race and introduce myself.

In the middle of a race, there's very little chance you'll be behind me.  But introduce yourself after ... and save me a beer!!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

I know Trent.

I have never met Trent, but we have bought each other beer.

Not at it at all. 

"run" "2" "eat"

good morning, taterbreath!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Prince of Fatness

top of the morning to you, wafflepants.

Not at it at all.