LInk to First Unread Post in a thread (Read 689 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice feature Eric. Thanks!

As you browse through the forums, you'll notice the topic's icon will reflect whether you have read the entire thread.  This update should help the folks reading very active threads.  Enjoy!

I think if someone modifies a post in a thread it messes this up. The icon doesn't change even if you've read the entire thread.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Agreed.

I have no idea what LedLincoln is talking about.

Nothing new to this.  As I think about it, I have no idea what I was talking about.

eric :)

Nice feature Eric. Thanks!

I think if someone modifies a post in a thread it messes this up. The icon doesn't change even if you've read the entire thread.

This is a bug that I noticed after the release.  I've made a fix for it but haven't uploaded it.  Hoping to get more changes in first.

B-Plus

Thanks for this update. Is there any way we can also get this feature for the "My Topics" list?

Thank you!!

Thanks for this update. Is there any way we can also get this feature for the "My Topics" list?

Thank you!!

I've added this but have not uploaded the change yet.  It will be available when I update the site.

eric Smile

Prince of Fatness

Originally, I was going to put this functionality in the icon to the left of the topic subject, but then I thought how often do you really want to go to the first post of the thread?  If I'm wrong about this, I can change it.

There are race threads and such where the information is maintained in the original post.  In these types of threads it would be nice to have an option (link) to the very first post.  As it stands now you need to open the thread and click on the left arrow link to get to the first page.

Any way that we can get a link to the first page?

Not at it at all. 

How about I change the topic's url to point back to the first post, and the last post url to point to the last post you read, even though the last post time and author refer to the true last post?

Prince of Fatness

How about I change the topic's url to point back to the first post, and the last post url to point to the last post you read, even though the last post time and author refer to the true last post?

That would work for me.  Thanks Eric.

Not at it at all.