Southern Ontario: Missing Person (Read 431 times)

Update...
    Today is the day that the jury begins deliberations.  The judge is giving instructions to the jury now (2nd day of judge instructions).

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2016/06/13/judge-finishing-jury-instructions-in-tim-bosma-murder-trial.html

-Only 4 verdicts available to jury: 1st degree murder; 2nd degree murder; manslaughter; not guilty. #Bosma

-Now hearing about "principle offender." Each accused must be considered individually. One person may be shooter, the other a non-shooter.

-The non-shooter can be an aider and abetter.

-Are you satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused under consideration caused the death of Timothy Bosma?

-If yes, go on to next question. If no, was this person an aider or abetter?

The 4 1/2 month trial is coming close to an end.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I can't see it being a not guilty verdict at all. I think both are going to jail.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Village people

I can't see it being a not guilty verdict at all. I think both are going to jail.

+1 There is no doubt in my mind.

JimR

Sequestered and deliberating.  The jury has asked one question so far regarding the accused (Millard) leaving the hangar to fill up on gas.  The media has some boundaries on what they can report and tweet on and they've been really good so far and staying within, they know how important it is to do so, especially for this case.

Ah, the question was a clarification on whether the victim had left that evening before the test drive to get gas, but review of evidence indicated that there was no mention of it during testimony.  This is why they can pose questions to judge and council.

JimR

No matter the outcome here, the two accused face other charges, including murder, easily found by Google searches but unmentionable during the trial due to publication bans. With the jury now in deliberation, the media can finally talk about it:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6721069-clairmont-details-the-judge-forbade-the-bosma-jury-from-hearing/

Village people

There have been so few horrific crimes in southern Ontario. Paul Bernardo is the only other one that comes mind. I hope the jury doesn't take too long.

There have been so few horrific crimes in southern Ontario. Paul Bernardo is the only other one that comes mind. I hope the jury doesn't take too long.

Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka story was horrific as well.  That was close to home as well.

I'm confident the jury will find them both guilty of something.  Can't see it play out any other way.  I think I've read 90% of the tweets for the trial (from Susan Clairmont), and cannot envision the jury seeing them 'not guilty'.

It's interesting to see now what wasn't said in court.  I read most of it 3 years ago (other murder charges), but the "small time drug dealer" message throughout the trial was much bigger than that.  They were in the business of black market drug and firearm trade and the jury doesn't know about that.  That whole group of friends who Millard surrounded himself with ought to be very concerned for their well being and any future trouble they'll see for their participation in the other crimes they were part of with Millard.

Life Goals:

JimR

We don't get to see the decision trees Justice Goodman put forth to the jury but they are designed to guide them on their verdicts in the form of 'If you believe this to be true, then these are your options' type stuff.

The stuff now coming out from prelims and jury-absent discussions is eye opening.  The accused's (Millard's) uncle apparently did not like him at all, and called Millard a 'sick twisted pr*ck'.  This is the veterinary uncle that it was implied that the incinerator was purchased to do animal creation and the uncle flatly denied such, saying there was never any intention of going into any such business.  Not sure if the jury got the latter part in testimony, but the uncle had been very strictly instructed to not give his opinion on the accused himself.

And there's stuff that's still held under ban due to upcoming trials.

In the Paul Bernardo / Karla Homolka mass murder cases, Karla was guilty of Manslaughter, not 1st Degree murder.  She was given 12 years, and has been 'free' for the past 12 years.  There were other reasons for that manslaughter conviction, but I believe that it's now known that her involvement in Leslie's and Kristen's death was more involved than manslaughter.  There's video evidence of her active involvement that was revealed after the trial, I believe.  But, the Crown's case against Bernardo during the trial was dependent on Homolka's testimony against Bernardo, so she was arraigned on the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Bernardo was/is psycho!

I don't want this thread to sidetrack to Paul Bernardo / Homolka.  It was my fault for responding twice to the mention of his name.  His name does that to me.  I'd like to keep this a #Bosma thread.  I kept the text of what I wrote, but super-striked it out with my modification.  Sorry.

Life Goals:

JimR

Oh oh, a juror is ill.  These deliberations can be really stressful.  There will be no verdict today.

Oh oh, a juror is ill.  These deliberations can be really stressful.  There will be no verdict today.

Not good.

7 men and 7 women were selected to the jury (+ 2 alternates).

On Feb 1st, there were 16 jurors.

Today, there is 12.

4 1/2 months of jury duty is tough.  I know that 1 juror that was released was due to a death in the family.  Not sure about the other 3.

With this morning's incident, there is added risk (as they need 12 jurors, I believe).

Judge indicated he's be back "soon" but was getting medical attention.

Life Goals:

JimR

Turns out the juror developed a bit of a migraine.  They're back at it.

It was a migraine.

He's feeling better after medical attention.

Jury is back in courtroom as they were asking for clarification on some testimony when he went ill.

Life Goals:

Village people

It was a migraine.

He's feeling better after medical attention.

Jury is back in courtroom as they were asking for clarification on some testimony when he went ill.

That is good news.

Still awaiting verdict.

Long deliberation.

Lot of silence.

Life Goals: