Broad Street anyone? (Read 727 times)

Scout7

I'll try to be there at a decent enough time. Depends on a couple things, though.
      Since it's a bit of a drive I'll be getting there early (hopefully). Managed to get down and registered. I screwed up when entering Michelle's phone number in my phone. So didn't get to meet up with her Sad BE PREPARED for lines people when going to pick up your packets!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

Yeah, I'm at work until 6 tonight anyway, and I have a race tomorrow morning, so I'll be heading over tomorrow afternoon. As for meeting, I think the sign in front of the hospital will work. I honestly cannot think of any other decent landmarks......

The voice of mile 18

no that isn't a neighorhood to hang out it in. it's either the train station, the track or the sign. sign works for me.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Scout7

no that isn't a neighorhood to hang out it in. it's either the train station, the track or the sign. sign works for me.
            Heh. True. The sign it is. Someone make a banner or something. After the race, best bet is the Lost Runners area.
              I say before the race at the sign! I'll be there with dh, kids and dog in tow Wink Oh can I say the shirts SUCK and where are all the freebies? Cry Though love the pretty blue.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I have my packet, and my friends gave me a quick drive-by-tour of the course...I think I'm ready! There were so many smiling faces at packet pick up. If all 13,000 people are like that, race day will be lots of fun! Thomas Jefferson Hospital Sign...is that the final answer for our meeting spot? Time still uncertain, right? I think we're meeting at the wa-wa at 6:30 and then heading into the city. I'll post a time later tonight, after I find out for sure. Pam, I'm sorry that we didn't get to meet up . At least now I know what you sound like since we chatted for a few minutes. You were right about the unfamiliar area code, I looked at it after we hung up, then I realized that my Trac Fone charged 2 units per minute for your area code. Must be out of my "calling area"...Texting is practically free no matter what area code, I sometimes forget that calls don't work that way. Roll eyes I don't get charged for incoming text messages.

Michelle

I say before the race at the sign! I'll be there with dh, kids and dog in tow Wink Oh can I say the shirts SUCK and where are all the freebies? Cry Though love the pretty blue.
                  I agree, the shirt is a little boring. They gave us chapstick, doesn't that count?

Michelle

Scout7

OK, hospital sign before the race. I'll be around the Lost Runners tent afterwards, if anyone cares to stop by.

The voice of mile 18

grumble! Angry a bad shirt AND bad goodie bag! well at least the race rocks out loud (at least i hope it does)

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I agree, the shirt is a little boring. They gave us chapstick, doesn't that count?
                        I got that at the LVHM and though their SHIRTS sucked their good bags ROCKED!!!

I have my packet, and my friends gave me a quick drive-by-tour of the course...I think I'm ready! There were so many smiling faces at packet pick up. If all 13,000 people are like that, race day will be lots of fun! Thomas Jefferson Hospital Sign...is that the final answer for our meeting spot? Time still uncertain, right? I think we're meeting at the wa-wa at 6:30 and then heading into the city. I'll post a time later tonight, after I find out for sure. Pam, I'm sorry that we didn't get to meet up . At least now I know what you sound like since we chatted for a few minutes. You were right about the unfamiliar area code, I looked at it after we hung up, then I realized that my Trac Fone charged 2 units per minute for your area code. Must be out of my "calling area"...Texting is practically free no matter what area code, I sometimes forget that calls don't work that way. Roll eyes I don't get charged for incoming text messages.
                          Akkkkk sorry that it charged you. I'll have to text ya next time! Well then you should probably hear me when you get there. I'm from a family with 9 kids and I have been told many many times that I talk really loud (though I swear I'm half deaf)

Akkkkk sorry that it charged you. I'll have to text ya next time! Well then you should probably hear me when you get there. I'm from a family with 9 kids and I have been told many many times that I talk really loud (though I swear I'm half deaf)
                            Nine kids. Wow. I think I'm at my limit with four. Although, I would have one more if my husband wanted to, and if he got "unfixed". I wasn't complaining about the charge, really. I have a Trac Fone, so I buy my units up front and the deal I have doubles my units when I buy them. It's very cheap. I don't use my phone that often, so I don't really notice my per minute unit charge, unless someone points it out that it might be long distance! My cell phone is a dork, it does nothing fancy, but it works for me. Smile

Michelle

I know you weren't complaining! Oh and dorks are cool! (I married one)

Looks like I'll be able to be in front of the hospital around 7:45...give or take a few. I'll push for sooner.

Michelle