Diet/ nutrition tips? (Read 863 times)

H RIMZ

Im 17 and ive been running for quite a while. I have a rough idea of idea of what i should be eating. But it is deffinatley my blind spot, so any tips on what ito eat or anything else you have to say is apreciated. Thanks

mile- 4:37

2 mile 10:05 (Training run)

5 km-16:38 -5:22 11/15/2009

Oh Mighty Wing

you should eat food... a wide variety... hell at 17 I ate anything and everything that tasted good! Are you overweight? Do you have issues with weight? Can we get a little more about this issue... If you find you are an average 17 year old. I say eat whatever makes you happy in any proportion you want! If you are an overweight 17 YO I say eat whatever makes you happy in much smaller proportion. And if you are an underweight 17 year old - enjoy it and eat everything under the sun!

Oh Mighty Wing

I was a swimmer in high school and developed some pretty crappy eating habits so I applaud you for wanting to learn how to eat well. I would go to Weight Watchers.com and read as much as you can. You're probably saying WTF? I don't need Weight Watchers. However, it's a great plan because you learn portion control and you learn to include fruit, vegetables, lean protein (meat, beans etc). grains and dairy products. You would just eat more servings than the person trying to lose weight. Do you watch the Food Network on TV? There's a show on Saturday late morning/early afternoon hosted by Ellie Krieger. She's a registered dietician and always has great tips. Good luck with your running.

2008 Goals

Run Jax Bank 12/21/08 under 4 minutes (1st marathon)
          5K 23.99
          10K 50.40
          1/2 1:52
          Manage injuries so I can stick to training plan
          Make healthy food choices
            Or instead of paying Weight Watchers to 'teach' you how to eat fruits, veggies, beans, etc. you could just start eating fruits, veggies, beans, etc.
            www.mnultrarunner.blogspot.com

H RIMZ

you should eat food... a wide variety... Are you overweight? Do you have issues with weight? Can we get a little more about this issue...
              Im about 135 5'9" mostly lean muscle i do eat every thing and thats kinda my problem. And now im looking for something to make me better so i resorted to diet. since its sorta were i fall short

mile- 4:37

2 mile 10:05 (Training run)

5 km-16:38 -5:22 11/15/2009

It all boils down to this. Eat real food that comes from things that grow like veggies, lean meat, eggs, milk, etc. This kind of food will satisfy your body and keep it healthy. Stay away from stupid food like ice cream, candy bars, ho-ho's, and sugary soft drinks. Let yourself have stupid food once or twice a month (it may not be healthy, but it is good for the soul! Evil grin)

Ostrich runner

Go get a job at a good restaurant doing prep or at a gourmet/health food store. That knowledge will get you laid in college. Oh, and you'll eat well too.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum