Ran my longest run to date (update) (Read 893 times)

Yesterday, I ran over 7.5 miles which is the farthest I've ever run and the first time I've run for more than an hour (1:03:46) To date before this, my longest runs have been about 6.5 miles. I've had this goal to go further on the trail I run and run up to the CT/Ma line. Unfortunately the trail getting there was terrible and there was no marker. I know by the time, that I ran further than the line, but don't know how far for sure. I'm currently training for my first HM which seems to be very obtainable for me. I probably shouldn't have run the 7.5 yesterday (Sun) because I did 6.5 on Wednesday night this past week. But my legs felt really great despite helping my son move some ridiculous heavy bedroom furniture from one house (2nd floor) to his house (2nd floor) most of hte day prior to my run.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Congratulations on the run! Its really neat to track ones progress over training and see how one improves and what was so hard to complete at the beginning of training. You should open up your log (Options - log preferences - radio buttons) to the public so ppl can offer you advice and watch your progress. When and where is the HM you're training for?
        Nice job! Big grin

Giant Flaming Dork

Great Job! Keep up the good work!

http://xkcd.com/621/

Kimmie

I actually remember the first time I ran over 6 miles and it was hard! Good for you and I know you'll do great at the HM.
              Hey Sparky, I reopened my log again so that others can view my progress.
              Congratulations on the run! Its really neat to track ones progress over training and see how one improves and what was so hard to complete at the beginning of training. You should open up your log (Options - log preferences - radio buttons) to the public so ppl can offer you advice and watch your progress. When and where is the HM you're training for?

LPH

Thanks, Mark, What part of CT are you from? I do most of my running in East granby, but most of my racing in the Farmington Valley and Litchfield Hills
                Great Job! Keep up the good work!

LPH

dev_08

Nice job, keep it up! Just a little word of warning looking at your log. Be careful not to overdue it...I see 4 out of your last 5 runs have been Hill,Tempo or Long. I'd kick it back a notch and run easy for the next few days. Good luck!
                    Just an update. Added another mile into my long run yeasterday. Felt really great, no problems (except for a crappy road) and kept a pretty stable pace. Since I'm picking up the mileage, I've decdied that I'm going to shoot for my HM in June rather than July. it easily gives me time to increase a mile a week and reach 13 miles. I'd actually like to run longer than 13 miles before the HM, but we'll see.

LPH