New Group where it's ok to bring up politics -- Left Wingnuts! (Read 678 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey, I've started a new group called Left Wingnuts. Please feel free to join if this sounds appealing to you:
    Are you convinced that the Left is right and the Right is wrong? Need a place to vent over the latest miscarriage of justice perpetrated by Bush/Cheney? Well, this is the place for you. All viewpoints are welcome, but no trolls please. We'll be civil to each other, but not the politicians. Be forewarned: Fans of Limbaugh/Hannity/O'Reilly will probably not enjoy what we have to say. Sense of humor highly recommended.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I am a proud new member. Big grin
      2009: BQ?
      va

Thinks to self...we all get along really well here, why bring politics in, and spoil it. Confused
          Thinks to self...we all get along really well here, why bring politics in, and spoil it. Confused
          As long as it stays in the group and people keep politics out of the rest of the community – why not? And I suppose that someone could start another new group: Right Wingnuts – to keep it balanced.
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

As long as it stays in the group and people keep politics out of the rest of the community – why not? And I suppose that someone could start another new group: Right Wingnuts – to keep it balanced.
            Stephen, my whole point was to create a place to take politics, out of the main forums. Anyone can join, but the forum is private to respect those who don't want its items to pop up in searches. And honestly, I'm discovering that it's as much for fun as it is to rant -- political humor is always good fun, regardless of which side of the aisle you're on (witness SNL -- some of my favorite skits of all time are the ones that poke fun of Bill Clinton). I got the idea for doing this after I had managed to hijack a thread about best summer drinks with a political rant. I was told (quite rightfully so) to jettison the politics and get back to boozing. I still love all you RA peeps regardless of race/gender/sexuality/religion/politics/etc. Football teams -- now that's another story. Clowning around Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

modal, a straight white protestant male, sees himself as a conservative thinker... Smile -Pro-Life (conception until natural death by running too much) -Pro-Gun -Pro-Business -Pro-Sanity -Pro-Hetero relations -Pro-Family -Pro-Private Welfare -Pro-Private Schools Confused It does not look like I'll fit in.

Vim

Modified: That's why Jeff created the group -- to keep these discussions out of the forums. (Sorry, Jeff, I'll try to behave Blush )
                2009: BQ?
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Easy Trishie, let's keep it friendly. I created the Left Wingnuts to avoid this kind of thing, not instigate it! Black eye Modal, there is probably a lot of common ground that can be found in what you said, particularly the Pro-Sanity. I am way for that.

va

Biting tongue... Move along folks, nothing to see here...
                    shyrunner07

i'm so there! Big grin

Now that was a bath...

I'm so late. All the good stuff gets 'Modified' before my Kiwi bum get's out of bed. Politically, I'm warped - better stay away from that forum I think. I do think it's a cool idea though. Debate boards are often fun to peruse! Claire xxx Modified to make you wonder what I had typed.
                      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.