Do you have too many cucumbers? (Read 595 times)

If you like pickles (sweet ones), then you've gotta try these refrigerator pickles! I just made them and am completely hooked! Even my husband, who HATES (I can't emphasize this enough) pickles, likes them! recipe
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oooh...any way to make non-sweet ones? Or do they need the sugar? Either way those sound good! I LOVE pickels! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oooh...any way to make non-sweet ones? Or do they need the sugar? Either way those sound good! I LOVE pickels! Smile k
        I love pickles too! I don't know about w/o the sugar...then it'd just be vinegar and salt. blech This pickle stuff is all new to me...but talk about easy!! This is it! Actually, you could probably make it with less sugar; they're pretty sweet. I always do it exact the first time around, though, before I start tweaking!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I wonder if I could do it with half the sugar and some dill and garlic...mmmm.... BTW, have you ever had the (Vlassic, I think) pickels with Tabasco in them? OMG, to DIE for if you like a little spicey! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

We just made some refrigerator pickles with lemon and dill. No added sugar. They came out very good. We also have about ten pounds of pickles fermenting in a crock in our kitchen, with salt, garlic, and spices. If you're a pickle fan, you should really try some naturally fermented pickles. Quite delicious. You can tell which pickles are traditionally fermented because the ingredient are only cucumbers and salt (and herbs and spices). No added vinegar. Once the pickles are done, we'll use the crock for sauerkraut. At which point we'll have quite enough fermented veggies to last the winter. Smile
            Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.