how do I upload run data from garmin forerunner 405 now? (Read 106 times)

sluggo

John

I must be missing a "How To" entry somewhere. How do I upload run data from my Garmin Forerunner 405? It appears that things have changed.

Up through Aug 18th, I just transferred data from my watch to the ANT stick, then selected

Training Log -> Upload GPS Data -> clicked some link that sucked the data from the ANT stick -> done

Now it looks like I have to log into Garmin, update my account there, and then, somehow, data gets transferred from Garmin to RA. Is this correct? Can I get around logging into Garmin? It's an extra step and I am lazy.

When I am in the Garmin website, it also looks like I have to upgrade from ANT to Garmin Express to get the data into Garmin.com? Is this correct?

Do I have to be concerned about doubling run entries? I logged runs into Garmin from Apr 15, 2010 to Nov 1, 2011. Should I somehow delete these runs from Garmin before I sync with RA?

Finally, will RA just assume that I am using the same shoes I used in the most recent logged run (when) sync'd from Garmin? I like the shoe assumption feature.

And, another finally. My running frequency has slipped tremendously in the last 1+ year, so I have not looked at the "Workout" format. Wow! You've been busy Eric! It looks great.

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

running metalhead

Hi Sluggo,

I don't see the extra step.

You only need to do the Garmin thing once and from this moment on you won't need to do anything else except waiting. It will upload the stuff to Garmin, but that's irrelevant as it will do both at the same time without your intervention. 

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
      - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
      - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
      - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
      - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
      - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

sluggo

John

Hi Sluggo,

I don't see the extra step.

You only need to do the Garmin thing once and from this moment on you won't need to do anything else except waiting. It will upload the stuff to Garmin, but that's irrelevant as it will do both at the same time without your intervention. 

Thanks for your comment Enric.

I had to upgrade to Garmin Connect before I got things to work and this was a huge pain. Now that I completed that chore, I can happily log into RA and upload my data directly - no extra step.

John
        www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

running metalhead

You are welcome,

LOL, I found it out by pure luck as I wasn't using the site since a while ago because uploading a GPX file everytime was just not feasible with my very tight schedule (I run at 5:00-6:00 AM, have to rush to the train and take advantge of the commuting time to upload data from my FR220 to Garmin via Phone and bluetooth).

Wink

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
          - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
          - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
          - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
          - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
          - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)