My mini Chillly HM report + a shout out to tuf_aint_enough! (Read 456 times)

Go Pre!

What??? Who is this mad speedster? Shattering his HM PR today with a 1:37:49! Nicely done tuf! MTA: I forgot tuf and jasonR were going to be there. Didn't think to try to hook up. Next time? Smile I had an ok run myself. After taking a few weeks off at the end of January, I went into today slightly undertrained but feeling good after the past few weeks of semu solid running. I set my sights on a 1:40 and ran with the 1:40 Pace Bunny. Big mistake. He was on pace for 1:35 and at 5 miles I dropped back a bit, but it was too late, I was already feeling fatigued on such limited training. I cruised the remaining 8 miles at a bearable pace and finished at 1:43:48 (missed a PR by 1:18). I figure if I ran my own race and followed my watch instead if the bunny I may have had a chance at a PR. Alas, the big win for me was a completely pain free run which is so so nice. This was also another Daddyo Family event - Lil' Cam (7) won the 10 and under age group in the 5K and sister Sarah finished 2nd in the 11-14 (even though she was just pacing Cam!) The mrs set her HM PR by 5 mins with a 2:15. Weather was nice for March in the Toronto area - about -5 and sunny, clear roads. It was a good return to racing and looking forward to a busy spring and more PRs Smile Tuf - we want to hear about your scorching hot chilly-half! Dave

Another Passion

Alas, the big win for me was a completely pain free run which is so so nice.
      This is GREAT to read, Dave! Good race my Canadian neighbor! And... a huge shout out to Team Daddyo! Great job by the rest of the fam!

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Hey Daddyo. Good race. I wondered if you realized that was me at about the 7k mark that cruised up beside you and started to chat (I was wearing a black toque, sunglass, white long-sleeve top and black vest and tights). You were rolling man. I've been feeling shite all week. Was seriously considering bagging this run up until late Friday. The plan was to go out strong, put in a few decent miles at race pace or a bit faster, then fade to a slightly easier pace and finish strong. Clearly it didn't work out that way. Just kept on keeping on. Bested my PB by about 7 min. Who knew? No one was more surprised than me. Paying for it today. Woke up with a wicked sore throat and a fever over 100F. Taking the day off to rest. My running partner also PB'd and got 3rd in her age group, so it was a good day. And, I see JasonR went under 2 hrs for his first ever half-marathon. Impressive. Sounds like a good day all around. Perfect weather really. Next up: Around the Bay (30k) on Mar 30. A meet-up would have been good. Oh well. Next time maybe? MTA: Impressive work by all the members of Team Daddyo!

Go Pre!

Holy Sh!t Dave - I had no clue. I was hurtin' there - I went out way too fast! Damn I feel so lame now. Sorry if I seemed unfriendly!!! BTW I thought it was nice of someone to start up a chat like that, you should have snapped me out of it. Let's plan to meet up for Around the Bay. Or maybe sooner for a long run (Sat or Sun is good for me) leave me a message on daddyo.ca with contact details. Again, f-great job! A time to beat!
            Daddyo.... nice run, and great to hear you ran pain free.... Jason
              TAE, Jason and the Daddyo team! Great work on the chilly half! It is great to see that you all are back in racing mode. The Bay is a very good race if the weather cooperates. Right now I am enyoing all the runners that are passing me on the 1500 forum. I am down to page 2 but still ahead of the bunny, suffering from a major ruptur in the motivation muscle. Anyways, I know it will pass and soon heat will be more an issue than ice. Keep up the great work guys! One day we will meet on the road and actually recognize each other!!! Cheers ArneParne
              Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>