Group distance tracking (Read 897 times)

Hi Eric, I don't know if you're following the 1000 mile club topic in the General Running forum. There seems to be a lot of interest in this club as it seems to become a great motivation tool. I proposed to track the distances with a chart that would look like this: We're thinking of using Excel or some other program to build it as we go along. I wonder if it would be possible to have it automatically generated in the user group summary by summing distances of the current year.
    eric :)

RunB, I've been following the thread and I think it's a great idea. I also like the graph you made. I'd be more than happy to add it for you. The only problem I see is that while it looks nice with a handful of participants, it might be hard to read with several hundred or more people. If you have any idea on how to resolve this let me know. I'll do the same thing. Once we have a solution to this problem, I'll add it immediately. eric Smile
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahem...Eric, shouldn't that pace bunny be portly and blinking...? Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

RunB, I've been following the thread and I think it's a great idea. I also like the graph you made. I'd be more than happy to add it for you. The only problem I see is that while it looks nice with a handful of participants, it might be hard to read with several hundred or more people. If you have any idea on how to resolve this let me know. I'll do the same thing. Once we have a solution to this problem, I'll add it immediately. eric Smile
          It would be easy to accomodate larger numbers of people if it had multiple pages, each with its own pace bunny, and the names were sorted alphabetically.

Roads were made for journeys...

I agree. Multiple pages would work, I think. We should sort them alphabetically for easy access. And a pace bunny per page as Wingz also mentionned. Here is a page generated from Excel with more runners on. I think we can manage 50 runners per page if they are a bit tighter and the table is a bit taller. Thanks Eric!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, sure...put me behind the pace bunny... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

DISCLAIMER: All public characters, names and places used in the image above are fictitious and are used herein for the purposes of comment, criticism, parody, or mere entertainment. Any similarity to real people, without parodic purpose, is a coincidence. All trade names, product names and trademarks of third parties, including any trademarked characters, used in the the image above are used without the authorization of those third parties, and are used only for the purpose of parody and identification. No sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation by or with those third parties exists or should be implied. Wink
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

ROTFLMAO! B, I think you need to use a smaller font for your disclaimer. I think it should be so small that one needs a magnifying glass to read it. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Ron - can you work it so that when you click on a runner's name it takes you to their log if it's public?

Wingz

Professional Noob

I was also thinking it would be nice to have the source table available - you know, the one with the actual numbers for the months. Not that we couldn't get that directly from RA... it's just a laziness thing. Wink

eric :)

I guess the only way around it is paging. I'll try to have it added before the year's end. While thinking about how to do it (the graph is the easy part), I have some ideas on how to spruce up Janell's virtual race group too. But, I'm not making any promises about it because it might be too much for me to take on at one time.
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

:: perks ears up:: Did you say spruce up the Virtual races??? Smile Smile Smile You've got my attention....

That's great news Eric!!! Thanks! Smile

You'll ruin your knees!

Oooohhhhh, I thought you were going to 'spruce up Janell'! Black eye

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Oooohhhhh, I thought you were going to 'spruce up Janell'! Black eye
                                ??? Oak-ay. I'm feeling pretty spruced up already... Redy for my 14 mi trail race tomorrow morning. Big grin Maple I'll set a PR. That wood be nice, but if knot, I won't pine away... Roll eyes Big grin That was for you, Pron8r...