More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

Zam

more miles than brains club

PaulJ

3 miles at -2F this morning, thought that I was going to crumble in the cold...

Paul J

valerienv

Thread killer ..

We have had low of -27 on Sunday , -18 yesterday and -14 today , each day had to go out and care for my livestock then I ran back into my house does that count ?

joescott

11 mi. @ 12F today.  So close but still no cigar!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Walk-Jogger

I only run indoors when it's "more miles than degrees" temps around here. I'm not going to risk falling to the same fate as this poor frozen dead fellow:

Retired &  Loving It

I did 15 on Saturday and it was 11 degrees!!  Nice and warm!!

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I finally got the chance to post here!  8 degrees this morning, and I ran 12 miles Smile Fun times!

Leah, mother of dogs

D.Horton

Finally got a chance to join the club! Ran 6 miles, it was 0 F when I started and 2 F when I finished.

Latent Runner

At 6:00 this evening as I was pulling up to the trailhead, the weather came on the radio and said the temperature was 11°F; I was already planning on my typical nighttime 10 mile trail run so I thought, "What the heck..."

The first couple of miles were good in that the new snow was pretty well packed and made for decent speed, however, beyond that the top couple of inches, while reasonably dense, were fresh/untrammeled, and that slowed my progress.  As I approached the 5-mile mark I almost turned around as I was becoming aware that the snow cover was causing me to expend a lot more energy than normal and I was going to be approaching my limits fairly soon.

The next mile beckoned and I kept going.  As I was approaching the 6-mile mark I started worrying if Mr. Murphy and/or Mother Nature were going to pull a fast one on me and cause it to warm up a degree, so I put in an extra quarter of a mile before I turned around.  I got back to my car at 8:17, cold and fully spent and anxious to get home and check the weather to see if I qualified for this club.

It seems Mr. Murphy got the last laugh, according to both weather.com and accuweather.com, the OAT was a balmy 17°F at 8:30.  Grrrr.  Looks like I need to "trust but verify" when it comes to the weather forecast on NHPR.  Sad

Maybe next time.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                    • 2-mile: 13:49
                    • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                    • 5-Mile: 37:24
                    • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                    • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                    • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

You'll get it next time Shipo.  NH may be a small state, but the temperature fluctuates wildly.  And then there's that weird thing where the snow stops at the Hooksett Toll.  Sometimes NB and sometimes SB, but always at the toll.  But I digress...

I'm getting closer. 11* when I headed out this evening.  I'm not up to 11 miles yet, and I'm not about to start while I'm streaking, but I'm now confident I've got the appropriate clothing to join the club once I get a single digit opportunity.  And I did do more miles (4.3) than the feels like temp (4*), so that's something.

Bring on the cold!

Latent Runner

You'll get it next time Shipo.  NH may be a small state, but the temperature fluctuates wildly.  And then there's that weird thing where the snow stops at the Hooksett Toll.  Sometimes NB and sometimes SB, but always at the toll.  But I digress...

I'm getting closer. 11* when I headed out this evening.  I'm not up to 11 miles yet, and I'm not about to start while I'm streaking, but I'm now confident I've got the appropriate clothing to join the club once I get a single digit opportunity.  And I did do more miles (4.3) than the feels like temp (4*), so that's something.

Bring on the cold!

It was 11°F when you went out tonight?  That's what I thought too (per the 6:00 PM NHPR weather report); what was your source?

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                        • 2-mile: 13:49
                        • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                        • 5-Mile: 37:24
                        • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                        • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                        • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
                        SillyC

Grrr.....  was hoping to join you this morning, but it was 8 degrees and I was only running 5.

Returned to northern MN last night from balmy DC!  DC was  mostly in the 30s, the weather channel made it sound worse than it was, IMO.  I ran from my hotel to the washington mall area but those miles don't qualify for this.

Today:  -2 degrees, 5 mph wind, feels like -8 degrees at 11 am; ran 3 miles around the neighborhood on the snow-packed road.  NICE!!

DaBurger

15 in 8 this morning, I think this is my first qualifying workout.

Know thyself.

FSBD

13.15 in 0 and -9 wind chill

This is my first time in the club but since I got rid of my gym membership it won't be the last

it wasn't too bad it was just annoying when my water bottle froze and I couldn't get any water to come out.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.