More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

Kalsarikännit

107 miles at Across the Years. the temperature was somewhere below 107.

I was witness. He ran like a pro. And the night time temps were in the low 40's.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

7.5 miles at 1F.  I dressed warmly and was comfy, but the parts that were uphill in snow into the north wind were still challenging.

joescott

Personal records for me today.  Overall lowest temp run ever:  -8F.  Most miles minus degrees:  11 - (-8) = 19.

Probably not very impressive to you Minnesotans and Alaskans, but still feels like an accomplishment to me. 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Really no interest in joining this club. Coldest ever run for me this am. (No use boring those up north with our standard for cold)

Tomorrow will be the chance/opportunity to join the club. Maybe I'll just sleep in, instead.

Get off my porch

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's really too easy these days.  6.5 miles at -7F.  Wind chill -25.

I'm in the club!  5 miles at 0F and -16 wind chill.  Yippee.  Do we get some sort of ice sculpture or something?

joescott

I'm in the club!  5 miles at 0F and -16 wind chill.  Yippee.  Do we get some sort of ice sculpture or something?

Yes!  LedLincoln will sculpt your likeness and post a picture here on this thread.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

spinach

The high here today is supposed to be -15° F and I didn't go out for a run.  Am I in?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The high here today is supposed to be -15° F and I didn't go out for a run.  Am I in?

The rule is that you have to run at least one mile.  Or maybe sixteen miles backwards.

What do you think of the sculpture so far?

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

-9° and windy (the "wind chill" somewhere around -25°Wink. 5.26 miles.

Freaking exhilarating.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

perryw

-10-ish air temp and -35-ish windchill.  That's the coldest I've ever experienced, so I went out for 1 mile earlier.  That sucked... just the wind hitting my face, otherwise I felt properly layered and probably would have warmed up to being comfortable after a couple miles.  But that 1 was enough.

ScubaSteve

2 miles this morning in the Chicago suburbs.  Garmin said it was -17 F with -43 windchill.  Wunderground said it was 3 degrees warmer.  Should of had one more layer on the legs because my quads looked like I had sunburn for a while.  Any longer and my eyelids would of iced together.  Here is my proof: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/425940183 since I can't see my log info next to this post.

1.5 at -11 degrees this afternoon.  I dresses too warm again, but my eyes were burning running into the wind. (-40 wind chill).

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I joined this silly club this morning.

I ran 3.4 miles at -3 degrees.

I would now like to resign my membership.

I hope to never re-apply.

Runner with a riding problem.

In, only because I didn't want to wait until 6 am and drive across town to run on the dreadmill.

8 miles and 2 degrees. Coldest run ever.

Get off my porch