More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

joescott

9 < 11, so I didn't qualify today.  However, the wind was out of the North at 22 mph and gusting to 30 according to the local airport nearby, and I can testify that those 3.5 miles I ran into that north wind this morning were more brutal and bone chilling than many miles I have run below 0.  That wind just sucks the life and will out of you.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Really don't want to join this club.

Really don't want to end my streak.

Really hate to pay $59 to join a gym to run on the treadmill to run a couple of days till this arctic blast goes through.

*&^%%$#@! Running is stupid.

Get off my porch

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

C'mon Oldman, just dress for the weather! Smile

6.5 at 5F and gusts to 40mph.  Brisk.

joescott

C'mon Oldman!!  Harden up and get the job done!

- Joe

#artbydmcbride

Think of your health, Oldman!  $59 isn't that much money!

Runners run

JimR

If I can get out the door, that's all I need.  It's -2F.

C-R

As Groucho Marx once said, I'm not sure I want to join any club that would have me as a member.

That being said, I got 5.3 today at lunch and the thermometer was 3 with brisk Midwest winds.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

JimR

6ish miles.  The temps did rise to a toasty zero.  Even in stuff like this, my feet get sweaty warm.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Hate to nitpick, but did you run the extra 0.8 miles to make it more miles than degrees?

Hahahahhaha.  Good point!!

Luckily (?) I just heard it was actually 22 at the start and made it up to 24F.  So I guess I'm ok.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                    Gatorade Endurance Team

keeponrunning

After being a permanent member of this group from December-mid March last year, I was ready to not join it this year.  Sadly, I still live in Canada and still like to run, so today I did 7 miles when it was 1F.

Also....anyone know how to avoid chincicles?? (icicles on your chin)

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

#artbydmcbride

Don't drool? 

Runners run

keeponrunning

Don't drool? 

Haha I don't!  It's just the moisture from my breathing that causes it!  

MTA:  And don't you dare tell me to not breathe so heavy 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

It's been harder for me to get in this club since I hurt my leg but I'm getting better finally.  6 miles in 3 degrees today.

Leah, mother of dogs

joescott

It's been harder for me to get in this club since I hurt my leg but I'm getting better finally.  6 miles in 3 degrees today.

Welcome back, NR!  I was wondering where you were.  What happened to your leg?

(MTA:  9 miles, 1F today.  Nice ring of frost all around my jacket collar by the time I got home).

- Joe

C'mon Oldman, just dress for the weather! Smile

6.5 at 5F and gusts to 40mph.  Brisk.

Done. 5 miles in 4 degrees.

C'mon Oldman!!  Harden up and get the job done!

Wasn't as tough with just a breeze instead of the wind that brought all of this cold.

Think of your health, Oldman!  $59 isn't that much money!

Perhaps, if this weather stuck around more, but just a day's worth. Tomorrow should be a balmy 17-22 degrees.

Get off my porch