More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

Thanks Leah. Re: "Anytime the temp goes into the single digits, I leave him at home.  He will run with me in those temps, but he limps and I feel terrible seeing him like that.  If he starts limping (and I can't see anything wrong with his paws) I bring him straight home.  His limit is 8-9 degrees F, under that and his paws are too cold." I think THAT is the secret. These below zero temps are just too much for my dog. She is a senior and although she really WANTS to go with me, the moment I'm on the road her feet start hurting and I feel terrible. I do use Mushers Secret, but that wears off after about 4 miles and doesn't help with the sub zero temps. The boots I bought have great reviews for staying on and even lasting for years...so.... I give you an update when we get the Muttlucks.  Thanks again!

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

-3, 8 miles.  It never did get above freezing yesterday like was promised.  Waaaaahhhh!!!

On the plus side, we tilted the solar panels one notch closer to their summer position, and the chickens are laying more eggs lately.  Those are good signs.

Leah, mother of dogs

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

We had tiltable solar panels and chickens back in the day.  They were good days. Smile

For the record, 6.5 miles at 3F this morning. That's my home thermometer reading; all the weather stations in the area reported an even lower temp.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

LedLincoln that's the one side benefit to the frigid cold, it's usually really sunny at least!  With the extra sun we can afford to turn the heat lamp on in the coop.

-7, 7 mile run.  I ran on the main road which isn't as sheltered so I got a lot more wind than I expected.  Frosty cheeks!

Leah, mother of dogs

joescott

For the record, 6.5 miles at 3F this morning. That's my home thermometer reading; all the weather stations in the area reported an even lower temp.

Yeah, yesterday the home thermometer had 10F, which I usually use as my "official", but the local airport a couple of miles away had 9F.  And I ran 10 miles so.....  I wasn't sure whether to check in here or not. 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

joe, I'd call that 1 MMTD point, myself!

I ran 5 miles in -9 degrees this morning and snapped (hopefully) the last frozen face selfie of the year!! 

Frozen Selfie

I had 5 miles at 0 degrees yesterday (the 23rd).  I also had an icy picture to share, but I can't figure out how to post it.  It was my first ever selfie!

Nice job mnyce! To post a pic here, you have to "host it" somewhere else like http://s199.photobucket.com/ Upload to PhotoBucket, copy the url, click the little picture icon (next to the smiley face) when you post here, past the url and done.

Melody, thanks for the help!

Ojo

I'd really like to quit this club already!  Today was my coldest run ever -- 5.3 miles at -9 degrees. 

Sara

MM #2929

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'd really like to quit this club already!  Today was my coldest run ever -- 5.3 miles at -9 degrees. 

That's a lot of points, more than I've ever had, I think.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

3F dropping to 1F during my run this morning. Wind chill -19.  I was toasty warm in all my layers, but I could feel the drivers who passed me thinking I'm insane.

Nice ice face, mnyce!

Ojo We were very close on that one. You "won" by a point. 

NikoRosa  I wanted to let you know, I did a 3 mile trial run with dog's new Muttluks boots and they stayed on!! I worked with her quite a bit over the last two weeks, getting her comfortable with me putting the boots on and walking around the house in them. I'm so pleased. Just a short run, but at least she got to go out in the cold and snow.  http://www.muttluks.com/

3F dropping to 1F during my run this morning. Wind chill -19.  I was toasty warm in all my layers, but I could feel the drivers who passed me thinking I'm insane.

Thats part of the fun though...having drivers who pass you thinking you're nuts! 

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Melody that's great about the boots!  I might have to consider a pair.

Leah, mother of dogs