More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thats part of the fun though...having drivers who pass you thinking you're nuts! 

Yep!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Melody that's great about the boots!  I might have to consider a pair two pairs.

I think I have a set of doggie boots that we got for a dog that we no longer have.  I don't remember the brand, but if you're interested, could send to you.  They sure don't fit anyone in our family!

8.25 miles on country roads, 6F with a brutal north wind -12 windchill and loving it!!

Christirei

Finally made it in this year!  We have had plenty of very chilly mornings around here, but today was the first official day I could say I made it into the club, 6.25 miles 1 degree -9 wind chill

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

In again this morning; 6.5 miles at 1F.  Never in the past have I qualified so many times.

joescott

In again this morning; 6.5 miles at 1F.  Never in the past have I qualified so many times.

LL, not even last year?

I got 10 @ 4 today.  But honestly it was easier than 10 @ 11 yesterday when the wind was gusting up to 25 mph out of the north.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Curt911 Nice ice face!
                Christirei **High Fives**
                joescott I know, that wind! I'll take -9 over 15 with high North winds! Brrr.

I broke even today with 5 miles at 5 degrees. There was a stiff wind though...frozen booty!

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I think I have a set of doggie boots that we got for a dog that we no longer have.  I don't remember the brand, but if you're interested, could send to you.  They sure don't fit anyone in our family!

Wow, that is incredibly generous of you to offer!  Too much so, I would feel bad taking them from you.  Hang onto them, you never know, some new doggy pal might enter your life unexpectedly!  Thank you though.

-3 degrees today, and 8 miles.  My body has totally acclimated to these temps now (I spe nd a lot of time outside doing homestead chores too) that I now overheat in normal temps.  I had jury duty again Wednesday and the guy next to me was complaining he was chilly while I had sweat running down my back lol.

Leah, mother of dogs

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

LL, not even last year?

I got 10 @ 4 today.  But honestly it was easier than 10 @ 11 yesterday when the wind was gusting up to 25 mph out of the north.

Huh, I guess I have merciful amnesia.  The RA reports feature doesn't permit a query on MMTD, but I did one on all my runs in single-digit temps.  Winter 2013-2014 had 26, 2014-2015 only has 15 - so far.

Perfectly calm this morning. One of my most pleasant of the recent runs.

joescott

Winter 2013-2014 had 26, 2014-2015 only has 15 - so far.

Perfectly calm this morning. One of my most pleasant of the recent runs.

Yeah, my results are similar although scaled for the extra couple hundred miles I have on you in southerly latitude.  But this year, at least right now, feels harder somehow to me, maybe because it's getting so late in the winter and I'm ready to be done.  I know, I know.  I'm soft.  Yep, I feel softer this year than last year for some reason.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

4 miles at -9 this morning.  I really hope that this is the last time this year I meet the requirements for this club!

As others have already said, the crazy looks from the drivers out early added to the fun!

mnyce Those are some amazing eye-cicles, and way cold temps!! Way to go.

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Ojo

Finishing the month with 20 miles . . . starting temperature 8 and finish temperature 12.

I am glad to have February behind me!

Sara

MM #2929

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

19.5 miles, starting at 14 degrees and ending around 20.  I'm counting it as a qualifier. Oh yeah, snowing in the latter two-thirds.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

-3 degrees, ran 7 miles.  Snowstorm predicted for tonight, so I guess March is coming in like a lion.

Leah, mother of dogs