More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

coots85

As a Floridian it is darn near impossible for me to ever get this, but this morning will probably be the closest i ever come. 20 miles at 30F. Almost died lol.

Cyberic

To bump this page on top of the spam: Ran about 15 in 8-12 degrees (was 8 degrees when I left,  it warmed as I was running).

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I bet there are lots of us this weekend!  -2 degrees, 7.4 miles.

Leah, mother of dogs

m.n.c.

12 at 5F with -17F windchill.  Logistically challenging, I struggled to carry water without it freezing.

beat

Break on through

I'm in for the first time this winter...  21 miles at 18 degrees.   It's supposed to be colder tomorrow, so I won't have to run as long!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

spinach

With the mild winter here in Minnesota, I haven't gotten in the club often this winter.  I got in today when I ran five miles at -5°F but this may be our last sub zero day this winter.  I may not get back in until next November or December.

aellopous

Finally made it in! We've had a total non-winter here in Detroit, and I didn't think I'd be able to do it this year between the high temps and my current low mileage.

Only ~6 miles for 4 degrees, but hey, still counts!

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

-11 F and 6 miles.  That was the coldest air temp I've ever worked out in.  But the sun was out and no wind so it wasn't too bad.

Leah, mother of dogs

sluggo

John

-4 and I dashed to the car. Does that count?

John
                    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

mikeymike

I'm trying really hard not to join your dumb club. I went as far as to do my long run on Saturday before the real cold arrived  but waiting for the temperature to warm up so I can go run for an easy 45 min is not really working. It's up to 2°F at 11 am from a low of -7°F.

This may require a short drive to the judgement free zone.

mta: Alright fine. 6.4 miles, 3 degrees. When there wasn't a head wind it was "not bad". Still, I hope that's it for this winter.

Runners run

Guessing most of us northerners east of the Mississippi will make it today.   16 miles @ 10 degrees for me in Chicago.

beat

Break on through

As predicted, it was colder today...  3 miles at -6 degrees and wind.  That was enough for me!  After that, I went inside and ran 7 miles on the treadmill.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Cyberic

Yesterday 16.5 miles in -4F at the beginning of my run and -9 by the time I got back, and -22F with the wind chill factor. Today, 11 miles in -15 F, minus 36F windchill.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I am somewhat disappointed that I could not join your club. Definitely the coldest weather I have run in (starting temp 12, ending 16), but I only did 8 miles. It gets warmer after today, so I missed my chance for the year.

Prince of Fatness

Heh. Did it today. Never thought it would happen now that I'm a sloth. 4 degrees. 6 miles. What now, bitches!

Not at it at all.