More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

It is -22F in North Pole, Alaska and I ran 0 miles there.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

In order to clear up the negative number debate, I suggest the Kelvin scale; 0 is placed at absolute 0, the lowest possible temperature (theoretically, there would be no molecular movement). Coversion is easy too! To convert from celsius to Kelvin, you just need to subtract 273 degrees. To convert from Farenheit, just convert to celsius first. -40 Farenheit/Celsius ----> 233 K 32 F/0 C ----> 273 K 212 F/100 C -----> 373 K Good luck getting into the club though! Edit: I should have read the post above more thoroughly...

If we're doing temperature in Kelvin, I'm doing distance in meters.

Best Present Ever

I guess I joined the club yesterday. 40 miles, 35 degrees. Didn't mean to, though. The wind made it feel a lot colder.

You accidentally ran 40 miles? 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You guys are on fire this morning.

MTA: Heck, I ran 0 furlongs in Alaska this morning, and saw about a 0 degree stunted panoramic view of Russia.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Did you see Russia?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

jeffdonahue

xor

Heh.  Methinks you won't convince a SoCal lover to move based merely on not being able to meet the "more miles than degrees" bar.

#artbydmcbride

I'd much rather run more......   Big grin

but 60 miles??   Surprised

Runners run

xor

I'd much rather run more......   Big grin

but 60 miles??   Surprised

Go with the centigrade version.

Ha!   I've run there, seriously, but in the summer. It was like 55 degrees.  Took that 500 mile Dalton Hwy to Deadhorse, and was happy for the low temps, since the skeeter swarms were on the low side.  Would love to say one day that I've run the North Slope of AK in the winter---- that's on my bucket list.  BTW, North Pole is a tourist trap ;-)

- Anya

mark-bixler

Does wind chill count?  If so, I did 8 miles this morning with a wind chill of 7.

Listen. Yeah, it's gonna hurt some. That's the marathon business.

But here's the thing. When it starts to get intense, that's not time to panic. This is what you wanted to happen. It means that all the training, all the miles, all the wakeups, all the cold, all the wet, all the sleep-deprived days and all the shit you've done to yourself over the last 6 plus months is finally about to pay off. It means you've put yourself where you wanted to be. You've given yourself an opportunity that very few will ever have. You've given yourself a chance.

Now finish it.

keeponrunning

We established last year that it does not.  Someone said that because it was man's interpretation of weather or something like that...in my opinion, isn't temperature itself a man-made thing?  We're not born knowing how to rate temperature, we learn it.

Does wind chill count?  If so, I did 8 miles this morning with a wind chill of 7.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

spinach

Wind chill is for Minnesota wannabes.

DanB

What if we use rankine?

0 F = 459.67 R

10 F = 469.67 R.....

would you do the distance in decimeters?

2013 Goals.......

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

What if we use rankine?

0 F = 459.67 R

10 F = 469.67 R.....

would you do the distance in decimeters?

Whoa, that's an obscure one.  I don't think decimeters are obscure enough to be a good fit, and besides you're mixing metric and English(?) units.  Maybe furlongs or fathoms, depending on how ambitious you are.