More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Looks like I started the year off right yesterday morning, barely... 8 miles / 7 degrees.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

joescott

Forgot to claim my 9 miles yesterday at -1 deg.  

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Colder here then in many years so finally get to join this club! One degree temperature, 2.16 miles!  Wore layers, cold air stung a little when wind blew, but nothing froze or snapped off!

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
        Get up, get out, get out of the door!

mattw4jc

It's been in the teens here all week. Today it dipped low enough during my 11.75 miles in 11 degrees F that I did more miles than degrees. After a warm-up, I had 6 tempo miles and then a couple of cool down miles. I cooled down quickly and some sweat on my head and back started getting pretty cold at the end.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

What's the minimum?  Sunday AM forecast is for zero.  Can I take two steps and declare I've done it?  Or is 1 mile the minimum to have at least one mile(s) more than degrees?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

bhearn

Yep, one mile minimum.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

nothing froze or snapped off!

Yeah, it's bad when that happens.

Runshortii

14 miles, 8-9 degrees. Think it was around 5 degrees earlier in the week for my 7 miler

Half Crazy K 2.0

What counts? The temperature when you start your run or when you finish? It was 4 when I left the house, I ran 8 and it was 11 when I finished.

Cyberic

What counts? The temperature when you start your run or when you finish? It was 4 when I left the house, I ran 8 and it was 11 when I finished.

I'm no judge but I say that counts!

kilkee

runktrun

5* and 10 snowy trail miles in central PA.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

SubDood

17.3 miles in 16 degrees F. Windy — gusts up to 20 mph in the face ... at the turnaround point. First outdoor run in a couple weeks due to double digit negative temperatures during much of that stretch.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

This was my question also.  I ran 12.  Started at 8.4, ended at 11.7.  I think that based on the 11.7, I'm in on a technicality anyway.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

pepperjack

pie man

I feel like the club is going to fill up today.  18 miles, 10 degrees at the start, probably 16 at the finish (car still said 10 when I got in, but warmed to 17/18 when I started driving.

I can break the start finish scenario with my bighorn 50/52. 27 degrees at the start, but 75 when I finished 13 hours later.  I don't think that should count.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

beat

Break on through

Saturday - 13 miles at 10 degrees;

Sunday - 10 miles at 1 degree!

Looks like it will start to get warmer this week around here, anyway.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."