More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

14.2 miles at 14 degrees.  Hoping this is the last morning that I have a chance for more miles than degrees!

joescott

This might be the first one for me all winter this year.  10 miles 3 degrees.  Also, I'm kinda sad to see this thread was not revived at all this winter until today.  There are a few threads that pop up every year that remind me that RA is still a going concern.  This thread, "Dick hurt in the cold morning", and some others that are more serious like "2020 Boston Marathon".  Their arrival signals the change of seasons.  Oh, well.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Also, I'm kinda sad to see this thread was not revived at all this winter until today. 

Not that I love the cold, but I'm sad too. For the planet. Plus, it's a small thing, but I'd rather my yard be frozen all winter rather than have my dogs track mud in every time they go out.

Runners run

Christirei

Not that I love the cold, but I'm sad too. For the planet. Plus, it's a small thing, but I'd rather my yard be frozen all winter rather than have my dogs track mud in every time they go out.

Oh my gosh, yes...THIS  my boxer is insane about running around the yard in big spurts and digging up the mud and then coming in my house and running laps around my living room! much prefer the yard to be frozen so i don't have to chase her around with a towel!

also, it was three degrees this morning for me as well today, but i took a rest day because of the ice, tomorrow though predicted morning temp is one below, so i'll join the thread then Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Infinitely MMTD this morning: Five miles at zero degrees.

dpschumacher

5 months til Masters

In the midwest we have more miles than degrees negative....

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

Christirei

Renewed my membership today, eight miles at four degrees

joescott

Yay, Christi!  Me, too.  10 at 3 degrees.  I think it's supposed to get a lot better 'round our area starting later today.

- Joe

HermosaBoy

Walked the dog for a mile this morning when the temperature was -11. Does that count?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

joescott

If you count that as a run, then by the powers vested in me by sprites, gnomes and fairies, yes!

Walked the dog for a mile this morning when the temperature was -11. Does that count?

- Joe

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You get to count whatever you want as long as the dog is dressed like that.

DoppleBock

-15F on the way to the YMCA treadmill this morning.  Passed a guy out running @ 5:00am ...  Good for him - I was happy on the TM watching ESPN.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

keeponrunning

I jinxed it by thinking I wasn't going to make it this year.  5F this morning and over two back-to-back runs (about 30 min apart-- just got dried off and warmed up and got called to come pick up the car I had dropped off) I got in 6.9mi (which feels funny given that it's Valentine's Day)

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

5.2 at 5 degrees.  With the relatively warm winter and my mileage not being where I would like, I wasn't sure I'd get a chance so took advantage this morning!

10.5 miles at 9 degrees.  It's been a warm winter, my coldest run was only -9 deg F.  My coldest run last winter was much better at -23 deg.