More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

keeponrunning

6.8mi today, 4F with -8F windchill.  After wannabe basically kicked my butt out the door :P

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

DJD1990

Morning practice today at the University of Saint Francis, Joliet, IL  took place under conditions of 1 degree F. 2.84 miles with my group, another group was probably around 4. The total volume of workout later today may again eclipse the afternoon temperature as daytime highs are expected to be anywhere from 7 to 11 degrees. This morning's run was done with two guys I'd be okay ending up on an island with and one guy that would cause me great anxiety to be trapped on an island with (cough, cough JP) Just kidding....but seriously. Roll frozen tide! 

xhristopher

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This may have been asked before, but if the National Weather Service says it's -0F, can I join the club by running +0 miles?

Managed 7 miles and it was 4F with 5-10 mph winds when I left (Rochester, MN).  I actually timed this run later than normal because it was supposed to be warmer, but the warm front hasn't quite made its way to us yet.  After a week of brutal cold, we're finally supposed to be above average and maybe start to thaw some our snow pack.  

sAc238

Zeus

14 miles and 7 degrees along Chicago's beautiful (and icy) lakefront.

2nd life PR's: 19:24 5k / 39:52 10k / 1:27:36 1/2 mar / 3:08:03 marathon

Happy Camper

Too easy this morning.  10-miles in -2F  in Central Missouri.  My daughters siberian husky wanted in the backyard after we finished our run and stayed outside another 30 minutes.  Those dogs are amazing in cold weather.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

DJD1990

Definitely the coldest run of my lifetime this morning. Our morning practice took place under -12 degree conditions. 25 min, 10 strides, cool down.

juniordo1

I ran my first 13 miler this morning. It was 10F when I left and 14F at the finish. The windchill was near zero for the whole run so I'm looking to score at least some point for this run. I planned the run so I only did 3.5 into the wind but those miles were quite cold.

2013 -Sub 2:00 for 1/2 marathon

SillyC

This may have been asked before, but if the National Weather Service says it's -0F, can I join the club by running +0 miles?

Below zero F is where I draw the line.  If I wake up, and it's 2 degrees, I run.  But if my weather station says negative anything, I join the more miles than degrees club by going back to bed.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Below zero F is where I draw the line.  If I wake up, and it's 2 degrees, I run.  But if my weather station says negative anything, I join the more miles than degrees club by going back to bed.

That's kinda my point.  Going back to bed is, in a way, running +0 miles.

salty

Yeeeeeehaw! 7 miles in 6-degree weather this morning. My beard looked like Santa Claus with its thick coat of frost!

Sad that I can still join this club in March. Hope I won't do it again until November.

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and uh..."

"Clever."

"Yeah, and clever."

dsocha

Ra Due Runner

Just the other evening I was running under the lights with my mini flash light and boy let me tell you....cold!  Something like 10 but with brutal wind chill it was around 7.  Glad to have that hanky on my face.  Cold wind cut right though you.  4 layers and still cold but I got my five miles in.  Warm up NY already.  I promise to put my ski's away.

Goals

Log 1500

13.1 under 1:40  1:30

26.2 under 3:45  3:15

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

Finally made it a couple weeks ago - 9 miles at 8 degrees.   Smile

Don't know if I will try it again!

Bill Wagnon / stl

Stranger than you know

I was running in -17 C (=1.4 F) weather a few weeks ago, so this was hardly a feat.

Nonetheless, for the record, I did 10 miles in 1F. Didnt even feel cold since it was sunny and calm, no wind whatsoever