More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

bhearn

Late here, but 100M at Javelina Jundred in November, highs in the 70s.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Late here, but 100M at Javelina Jundred in November, highs in the 70s.

I touched his buckle. Wink

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Christirei

Over the weekend it was eight degrees when I started out for my run (windchill was five below zero) and I ran eighteen miles! Woo Hoo member of the club!  I was wearing my water belt and both of my water bottles froze and I couldn't use them. At one point I stopped and tried to just use the sidewalk to crack them open so I could get a drink, but they were frozen solid at the top, I couldn't even unscrew the lids

Tomorrow will be worse

You guys should switch to Celcius - makes getting into this club very easy, since water freezes at zero.

So below freezing can you run backwards and get into the club? How can you run negative mileage? Put a couch into a trailer backwards and get someone to tow you around town? While drinking beer and eating nachos (with that pseudo-cheese nacho stuff that seems to be more plastic than cheese), I bet. Sounds like tailgating...

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Nice suggestions, mooyoutoo.  I think bhearn and Trent should switch to Kelvin.

double live

Never heard of this before but happy to report:  club member. 

5 miles, 4 degrees (not in by much, but IN...........)

I love this concept. As if running in single digits didn't feel cool enough already (oh yeah; PUN!)

Never thought I'd get in since I'm in Florida.  But last week, 26.2 miles in 23 degree.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm hoping to be inducted into the club tomorrow.  Predicted low, 2F.  I may be "running" on sheet ice, however.

sugnim

Oh, cool.  I did 11 miles in 10 degrees last weekend.  In Montana, it's not too hard to join this club in the wintertime.  

I'm in! 4 5 qualifying runs this month:

12/3 4.5 miles in -9F

12/4 2.1 miles in -8F

12/19 5.7 miles in 1F

12/20 4.0 miles in 1F

12/21 2.4 miles in -11F

Air temp at this moment is -11F. I'm thinking about it...

Bushrat Runner

Last weekend, I did 8 miles in -8F temps, a reverse square...or something like that...

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm hoping to be inducted into the club tomorrow.  Predicted low, 2F.  I may be "running" on sheet ice, however.

So much for this.  Predicted low when I went to bed, -1F.  Actual temp at 5:30 am, 13F.  No time for a 13 mile run, so no cigar for me.

NHLA

Ran a marathon at 17 degrees. It was tough.

Birdwell

I'm in. 3.5 miles on Wednesday at 0 F. 6 miles this morning at 5 degrees F. It was almost cold enough for running pants. 

Prince of Fatness

Click

What ever happened to Slappy, anyway?

Not at it at all.