Almost a year since I quit smoking and .. (Read 1038 times)

My running partner!

completed: 2/08 C25k 2/08 Frosty Foot Race - 5k 3/08 Shamrock Shuffle - 8k 7/08 Danskin Sprint Triathlon 7/08 Door County Sprint Triathlon (Run portion - 5k) 9/08 CLC 5k & down 27 lbs!
    Kat

rectumdamnnearkilledem

completed: 2/08 C25k 2/08 Frosty Foot Race - 5k 3/08 Shamrock Shuffle - 8k 7/08 Danskin Sprint Triathlon 7/08 Door County Sprint Triathlon (Run portion - 5k) 9/08 CLC 5k & down 27 lbs!
      NICE work--that weight loss is especially impressive...running AND losing weight is tough! Big grin BTW...Door Co. Shocked I grew up in Sister Bay (my folks still live there)! I graduated from Gibraltar in '91. Where in WI are you? I want to come do the HM in Peninsula State Park some Spring...and maybe that 50 mile road relay at some point, too.

'19 Goals:

• 5/7/2019 - lung lobe removed w/colorectal met

• Continue showing Cancer that it's not welcome back. Ever.

• Improve power:weight ratio

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My running partner!

I live in southern wi now, but I spent all my childhood summers in DC working at Kurtz Coral as a trail guide! Door County is like my second home - I grew up in the city and it was always my escape. I hung out mostly with kids from sevastapool, but we are about the same age - I wonder if we were ever at the same parties! My parents have a house in egg harbor. I think the half at Peninsula State Park would be great.
        Kat
          I was considering that as my first 1/2 marathon. It was a tough descision but the South Shore (Milwaukee) half costs only $7 and that might be the tiebreaker. I hear the state park is a great place for a run and I expect they will get a lot more people. I have not been to that park for 30 years. Last year was the first one they had there I think. Some guy cranked out a 1:09. For a first year event? damn. oh, great job on the major health improvements in a short time. You must feel great.

In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion

http://htwins.net/scale2/scale2.swf?bordercolor=white&fb_source=message

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hung out mostly with kids from sevastapool, but we are about the same age - I wonder if we were ever at the same parties! My parents have a house in egg harbor. I think the half at Peninsula State Park would be great.
            Did you know Mike Oldenburg? I dated him for a while, so I partied with the Sevastopol kids a bit, too--actually more than the GHS kids. The DC HM has a nice reputation. Very hilly and tough, though. I don't think I will do it this year (I'll probably do the 25k near here in May, again), but I am considering it for '10.

'19 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was considering that as my first 1/2 marathon. It was a tough descision but the South Shore (Milwaukee) half costs only $7 and that might be the tiebreaker.
              Hmmm...if you decide to do the DCHM I might be persuaded to do that instead of the 25k... Big grin

'19 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Congratulations on an awesome year, Kat! Wonderful accomplishments. Keep up the good work! Wink

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

My running partner!

Thanks for all the support. I would love to run the Door County 1/2, but I don't think I am ready for that yet. I was planning on doing the 1/2 in Chicago, but after hearing that South Shore is only $7, I may do that one instead. Kirsten- How do I get into the Ladies Locker Room? Smile
                  Kat

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten- How do I get into the Ladies Locker Room? Smile
                    Shoot me an e-mail: harumph at gmail.com Smile

'19 Goals:

~ Sarah Kay

Congratulations on all of that. I quit smoking about two years ago, then came the running. I can not imagine ever being a smoker, or not being a runner. Keep going, the sky is the limit, if that.
                      pitrunner

Awesome job! Kudos for quitting smoking too...that's quite an accomplishment in itself from what I understand!