Where does the fitness go? (Read 2293 times)

Ostrich runner

Man, this thread needs some trolling. Everybody's giving real information, I'm learning, wtf? 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

xor

Man, this thread needs some trolling. Everybody's giving real information, I'm learning, wtf? 

My Kingston Trio lament wasn't good enough for you?  Fine.

Ostrich runner

My Kingston Trio lament wasn't good enough for you?  Fine.

Only a liberal or conservative would post something so stupid. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

JoAnne Narayan

Hi,

After reading your post, i feel there is one quality that lacks in everybody is the motivation factor. To achieve a goal we must strive hard and one must get motivated to achieve that goal. Now, coming back to your point fitness is something which every individual gives importance. If you are fit then only you will live long and remain healthy. Thus, in today's generation every individual gives prime importance to fitness.

I just wanted to leave you all with the cheery thought that our capacity for improvement tails off as we get older. That's not to say that we can't improve, because many of us have not got even close to what we're capable of, but still - the same amount of training is probably not going to give the same results year in, year out...

beat

Break on through

Asking where the fitness goes is like asking where the light goes when you turn off the switch...

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Asking where the fitness goes is like asking where the light goes when you turn off the switch...

In HS my calc teacher had a bonus question on a test: "Where does your lap go when you stand up?"

I still don't know how to answer that question.

DoppleBock

Verticle

In HS my calc teacher had a bonus question on a test: "Where does your lap go when you stand up?"

I still don't know how to answer that question.

We all lose and gain fitness at different rates.

Often what we feel is fitness loss is just a loss of sharpness that can be recovered quickly.  If I even take 1 day or 2 for sure off, my 1st run back sucks.

If 4 weeks I went from doing speed workout at 5:46 to 6:18 pace.  For me it is a combination of loss of fitness and gain of fatness.  

I have a lot of lows and highs in year, where others stay pretty consistent. 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

With light, you just follow the particles.

With fitness, what do you follow?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The one and ONLY philosophy class I took in college addressed this very question in relation to the light in the refrigerator and how do we know whether it turns off when we close the door.  I'm pretty certain the instructor smoked WAY too much of something in the 60s and 70s.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay