2013 Sub-3:30 Marathon Goal Thread (Read 1384 times)

It is so inspiring to be a part of this thread!!!!  Congrats to Julia and Ramberg on great races!

I did Disney last weekend or so.  It was a get ready for 3:30 time trial--and A goal was sub 3:40 and BQ.  Ended up with 3:36:11.  Felt strong in second half and negative split (mostly...). 17 min PR and my first BQ.

Got a new  coach and super hungry for that  3:30 now.  Smile  Just have to stay healthy.....

northernman

Fight The Future

hell in the 70s you ran to break 2.30 not 3.30

put in a 100 mile  week with a 30 min 10km on sunday thats training people

everyone are joggers

Well, sure, that was easy back then. Time didn't go so fast in the 70s. I think it was all the bell-bottom pants we wore

hell in the 70s you ran to break 2.30 not 3.30

put in a 100 mile  week with a 30 min 10km on sunday thats training people

everyone are joggers

Everyone get off this guy's lawn.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

lolBig grin

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ric-G

maybe it's the same guy from "Gran Torino."  ???

anyway,

nice job and congrats on the BQ Rozzie; and congrats Spinach.

marathon pr - 3:16

It is so inspiring to be a part of this thread!!!!  Congrats to Julia and Ramberg on great races!

I did Disney last weekend or so.  It was a get ready for 3:30 time trial--and A goal was sub 3:40 and BQ.  Ended up with 3:36:11.  Felt strong in second half and negative split (mostly...). 17 min PR and my first BQ.

Got a new  coach and super hungry for that  3:30 now.  Smile  Just have to stay healthy.....

Thanks, Rozzie!  And congratulations on an awesome race and BQ! That must have felt amazing to finish the race knowing you qualified for Boston!

Julia1971

Congratulations, Rozzie - a BQ and a PR!  That's fantastic.  Good luck with your assault on sub-3:30.

Quick update for me...  (My log is public again for those that asked and maybe hadn't noticed).  I've been motoring along pretty well.  Had a pretty miserable goal marathon pace run last weekend, though.  It was windy and I just didn't have it in me to fight it, so went by effort instead.  But, that's behind me.  I'm entering the hardest part of my training where I'll (hopefully) log 70+ mile weeks with at least one day of doubles in there until I start my taper.

Hope everyone is getting their miles in despite the cold temps.

I start my 18 week build up for Edinburgh this week (although it's all easy for the first week). I'm following the advanced plan from the new Hanson's book this time round, so it's a bit of an experiment for me...

jeffdonahue

Put me down as IN for this but I havent picked a race yet - probably either Philadelphia or Baystate, but definitely a Fall race.  Shooting for 3:20.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Congratz Rozzie on the BQ!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

northernman

Fight The Future

Ran my tempo runs this morning, 2 x 3 miles at about 7:20 pace or so. Still tired from Sunday's 16 mile run - i decided to chance the great outdoors, and was fine until the hail started at about mile 10. Those little mosquito sized bullets to the face are really motivating, and I ended up at a significantly faster pace than my plan called for. This morning I felt like I couldn't even do one mile at 7:20, but I think my stamina has improved, because I was able to do all 6 miles at 7:15 - 7:20 pace in spite of sore quads. Here's hoping nothing got broken...

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Clive - confirmed date for Philly. Please revise:

jedigunnie26.2 – 24NOV2013 – Philadelphia (Philadelphia PA)  RESULT = _____

Up Next:

???

Ric-G

clive - include me for boston as well... thx.

northern - nice job with the hail!

marathon pr - 3:16

fake it till you make it

Yeah, I will be running the LUABC Half.  See you there.  

Spinach & Northernman- you probably already got this info but just in case you didn't, the LUABC course is shortened to 10 miles due to heavy ice on one stretch of the path.  Here's the message from the RD in case you haven't seen it already:

To Lace Up Against Breast Cancer participants: For the safety of our runners we have made the difficult decision to shorten the half marathon route to ~10 miles due to significant ice on a portion of the course.

We are are also keeping our eye out on Sunday's weather...if it is just snow we will still have the events (10 Mile, 5K and Walk), although we might have to adust the courses. If it is freezing rain, then we will cancel everything. We will be making that decision late Friday or very early Saturday--we will post the information on our website www.luabc.org as soon as a decision is made.

It's a bummer I know, but it really is treacherous in some spots so the safest decision they could've made.

northernman

Fight The Future

Yeah, I will be running the LUABC Half.  See you there.  Today i ran the Yukon Days 3 mile on White Bear Lake, yes on the lake.  Embrace the Minnesota Winter. I finished second in it. We were fortunate that the race ended before the wind picked up, or it would have been tough out there.

It's now shortened to 10 miles, I see. They say they may cancel it completely if there is more ice storm between now and then. Looks like I'll be doing 13.1 on the treadmill then. I guess it's not as bad as the New Yorkers have it coming this weekend. Sounds dire on the east coast