Training for a 1/2 Marathon (Read 1544 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I look forward to spending some time in Boston. Specifically, I am excited to check out some new running routes, and it seems like the Charles River is a nice place to run (I am assuming they have paths running along the length of it?).
    I lived in Cambridge for a while after I got out of college, and ran around the river. The Charles River is a fantastic place to run because you can run almost any distance by using the bridges. The only thing I didn't like was that it was completely flat. It's not a good place train for the BAA Half or full Marathon. Anyway, here's a link to a distance map around the river: http://www.soundkeepers.com/running/boston.html
    Erunama

I lived in Cambridge for a while after I got out of college, and ran around the river. The Charles River is a fantastic place to run because you can run almost any distance by using the bridges. The only thing I didn't like was that it was completely flat. It's not a good place train for the BAA Half or full Marathon. Anyway, here's a link to a distance map around the river: http://www.soundkeepers.com/running/boston.html
      Thanks for the link. Those distances look perfect for me. Whenever I want to push myself, I can add another bridge Smile I can't wait to start running there. But I imagine it must get pretty cold with the wind. I'm just hoping it stays fairly warm through the beginning of October. Luckily, I'm in Ithaca, NY right now, which is very hilly. So, I usually run more hills than I'd like to in any given day. But do you have suggestions on routes with hills around Boston? I guess I'd mainly stick with the Charles for my long runs, but during the week it would certainly be nice to run some hills to get ready for the race.
      Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I really don't know the hills in Boston. I'm living north of Boston right now, and there are plenty of decent hills here. You can always do part of the marathon course, particularly Heartbreak and the Boston College area.
          My training is coming along ok. For a couple of days the weather really sucked, so I took bike rides instead of running. It helped, I guess my running muscles needed a little rest. Had a strong run today.
          sportsbabe0327

I agree=) Have fun!